What should I do?

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 08:16 am
I been with my boyfriend for over 9 months, I do care and love him but I’m not sure if he feels the same for me. He tells me all the time but, I have a trust issue. It just seems he doesn’t respect me enough. I am telling him over and over lets do things, talk about our future. He tells me, we do talk and do things. His doing things is sitting on his phone. I can’t take it, everywhere we go, when were at the dinner table, watching tv and even when we lying in bed. It is so annoying, I get upset and he seems to think it’s not a problem. I told him it is and his response “pay my bill and I won’t be on it.” “What kind of bs is that?” I don’t think he is serious about us.

My boyfriend also is lazy, when he comes in from work he just throws his things down and sits on his phone (in chat rooms, Twitter, Facebook, Sports Channel) and he just leave his stuff. He don’t even pick up a broom or mop, wash dishes and most annoying thing of all his tobacco use. Instead of him buying cigarettes, he makes them and that stuff gets all over. It’s all in the kitchen, living room and in the bed. I get him on it and he gets mad for me asking him to clean up. (I am no maid). We had argued about it plenty of times and his thing is to walk away and leave me upset. I shouldn’t have to tell someone to clean up after themselves if they make a mess. I say he doesn’t respect me or my house.

Yes! He lives with me. After he and his previous landlord had a dispute, he had no where to go. We were only dating just 4 months and I wasn’t ready for anyone to move in with me. I told him he can stay with me for a few until he found something. His looking for apartment is spending all his time on the phone. I brought it up about him moving and he tells me I though we were going to live together. Like I said my love for him is thinning and I haven’t told him about that yet, I just don’t know what to do? I know it seems childish to think of them little things bothering but the phone is the worst. I hate him on the phone and not helping me around the house. I don’t know if I want him to live with me anymore so I lost at this moment. What should I do?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 747 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 08:28 am
Kick him out.

This is not a relationship. This is a sweet deal for him, where he gets to live some place rent-free (or for reduced rent) and screw the landlady (sorry; I know that's harsh, but that is what's happening there).

I'm not reading anything in here whatsoever about him being kind, considerate, thoughtful, etc. I'm just reading about him being inattentive, obnoxious, slobby and lazy, not to mention freeloading.

And you want to stay with this prize why, exactly?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 09:37 am
@ninacherry711,
Ditto what has been written by Jespah.

Sometimes when I read threads that speaks of relationships problems, I see some shades of grey. Not in this case.

Get this guy to leave sooner than later - a LOT sooner. He's a leech. Am I making it clear enough?

Seriously, he has no respect.

From this point on, whatever you do BE FIRM. Set a reasonable timeframe for his departure from your apartment and your life as he's a faker. Not only doesn't he share your values, he walks all over you. For the sake of your own self-trespect, don't allow it anymore.
0 Replies