Enter... the Steelers fan....

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:49 pm
Bill, what do you think about the Packers going after Drew Henson?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:03 pm
Yeah, Bill's the only Packers fan around here <examining fingernails>

[size=7]OK, so I don't actually even know who the heck Drew Henson is but I'm gonna go find out...[/size]
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:05 pm
Hey, Soz, what do you think about the Packers going after Drew Henson?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:30 pm
Very Happy

Just read up about him... they definitely have to start working on someone to replace Brett. Doug Pederson's old, Craig Nall, I dunno. Drew Henson doesn't seem that inspiring.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:35 pm
Quote:
Drew Henson doesn't seem that inspiring.

I think you're wrong. Drew Henson has tremendous potential. If the Packers were to acquire him that would be a major coup for them and an unfortunate development for the rest of the NFC North.

Hopefully, he'll end up elsewhere.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:46 pm
Tell me more about him... the article I found talked about how he hasn't played football for three years, was a bust as a baseball player, limited college football experience (dropped out after Junior year), etc., etc. Headlined "Henson getting mixed reviews from NFL decision-makers."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/02/22/sports2025EST0578.DTL

Why does he sound so good to you?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:51 pm
Damn Gus; that's a real football question! Shocked Drew is a largely unproven talent, but he does look promising. Of course, if he does turn out to be good; he'll probably join the long list of quarterbacks that used to play (not play) behind Brett Favre. I really do think we've got at least a couple more years of Brett. :wink: I would definitely trade a first round draft pick for his services though.
Sozobe; they seemed to like him quite a bit here. I would like to see Ron Wolf endorse him first. :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:54 pm
This little bit from your link, Soz...

Quote:
At 6-foot-5 and 220 pounds, he has prototypical size and a strong arm. After watching the quarterbacks work out Sunday in Indianapolis, he also received the expected endorsement from Casserly.

"I'm biased," Casserly said. "But my feeling is that he is better than any of the four quarterbacks we saw today."

Casserly is a tremendous judge of talent. That is a very strong endorsement.

Trust me, if the Packers acquire Henson... you're going to be very happy down the road.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:57 pm
Quote:
I would like to see Ron Wolf endorse him first.

Good thought, Bill. Ron Wolf, too, is very astute at evaluating football players. (except when he chose to trade for Favre)
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:57 pm
sozobe wrote:
Very Happy

Just read up about him... they definitely have to start working on someone to replace Brett. Doug Pederson's old, Craig Nall, I dunno. Drew Henson doesn't seem that inspiring.

hehe
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:58 pm
Well, cool then.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:02 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Good thought, Bill. Ron Wolf, too, is very astute at evaluating football players. (except when he chose to trade for Favre)
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
I don't see what the hype around Henson is all about? How many games has he played in the NFL? How many games did he start in College? If I'm not mistaken it's zero NFL starts and 6 or 7 college starts.

To the Packer fans:

Your team really blew it though. They had a future star in Eric Crouch, but they didn't hold on to him. It's a shame that guys like him (Doug Flutie, Warren Moon etc.) have to fight just to make an NFL roster. Crying or Very sad

We will be seeing him in about 4 years though...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:08 pm
Put down the bottle, child.... and walk away.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:27 pm
Continue to doubt the Nebraska guy, he will prove himself like countless before him.

Ahman Green, from Gus's beloved Packers Laughing
Grant Wistrom, a borderline Pro Bowler every year
Correll Buckhalter, who is destined to take over the starting RB job in Philly
Superstar DE Mike Rucker
Star Safety Mike Minter
Future star DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
One of the best safeties around Mike Brown in Chicago
Great DT John Parrella in Oakland

And soon to be added to that list....Eric Crouch. And a Heisman winner to boot.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:42 pm
eh, Child, if memory serves Crouch removed himself by quitting... again. Idea
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:47 pm
Yeah he did, but only because they signed Achilli Smith and tried to convert him to a receiver again. I watched him win game after game at Nebraska, and I know he could do it in the NFL.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:54 pm
Memory served: He had his shot to compete for a job and gave up. You can't blame the Packers for this one. Check it out here or here. He can only blame himself.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 09:57 pm
Yes, that is correct. But like I said, they signed Achilli Smith, and Eric quit. But he'll be back!
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:00 am
For those of you who didn't see it in the other link... I made this for my buddy gus.. he gave me his pic to play with.. ain't it purty?

:wink:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgAgA4wYI!0SwN4tkkg5C1USC53XLo0aBq2!11BZQCrcMaztYv60!MnwDhgaBQYSypTePWMEtIQTu9R40Qd0nlqumVNtvprJ5IjHZLiMUOHjw*nm!RzYig/steelerbill.jpg?dc=4675460978448800016
0 Replies