Enter... the Steelers fan....

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 02:02 pm
Favre hasn't missed a game in over a decade. There are only a handful of records he doesn't already have. He is widely respected as one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game... and his numbers last year were way above average. Now let's name the great quarterbacks Pittsburg has had since Bradshaw retired... Let's see there's... no...how about... no, I know.... no. Jealousy will get you no where. :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 02:24 pm
Bill, let me make things a little clearer for you as to why I dislike Favre with such a white-hot intensity. The defining moment came in a game, several years back -- the Packer were playing, if I remember correctly, Seattle or possibly Minnesota (I definitely remember it being a dome team) and they were trailing by 5 with about 3 seconds on the clock. Time for one shot at the endzone (ball was fifteen yards or so from endzone) Favre drops back, minimum pressure, looks left and throws the ball to an open receiver. Touchdown. The cornerback had fallen down or there was blown coverage, but, regardless, the Packers win the game on the final play. Now, here's why I hate Favre.

The cameras initially go to a celebrating Favre, but then they quickly move to the receiver and the celebrating teammates in the endzone. Favre is panic-stricken. Oh my God, he thinks, the camera is no longer on me!

He quickly races to the bench where he collapses like a fallen hero and begins to suck on the oxygen mask. Here come the cameramen. Favre is happy. Once again the attention is on him.

I nearly threw up I was so nauseated by that display of selfishness and self-importance.

If Favre had thrown an incomplete pass, he would have walked off the field, his head hanging low, his diminutive brow furrowed as he wondered how he could blow yet another game.

But instead, he got lucky. And he diverts the attention away from his teammates so he can look like the hero.

Screw him. Give me a guy like Peyton Manning. Or Brad Johnson. Someone with a little class.

If I want a selfish simpleton, well, then I'll take Favre.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 02:59 pm
Peyton Manning? A guy that doesn't know how to win a big game? Brad Johnson? A guy that has been ran out of every town he has ever played in? With Tampa up next.

I'll take Farve, a Super Bowl winner, and the best overall Quarterback in the league. PERIOD!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:00 pm
Soserene, Nah I didn't miss it. I just thought that post didn't excuse the idiocy in the other post.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:02 pm
Then, by all means... take him.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:55 pm
Shocked I don't recall that game Gus, but it must be the only one you've ever watched. Brett consistently takes the blame and absorbs criticism that would be more accurately directed at others on the team or the coaching staff. A less selfish player, I've seldom seen (Barry Sanders wins the category). Despite being a phenomenal quarterback; he's suffered through coach after coach that wanted to run when they should have passed at crucial moments Rolling Eyes ... and still accepted all the blame himself. Unless your ignorant commentary is purposely obtuse (like usual :wink: ), I recommend you watch some film and convert. Idea Even sworn enemies of the mighty Packers typically respect the great warrior; that is Brett Favre. Cool
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:03 pm
Farve is great, but if they have any hope to win the Super Bowl next year, they will need a great year from Green. Because like they say, "Defense and Running wins Super Bowls!".
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:31 pm
When the rest of the team plays like #*^#, of course it looks like he's something great
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:33 pm
As far as the rest goes... I'm gonna think a bit ... cause I'm not gonna say things I don't mean just because one jackass is taking personal shots...
I'm not gonna sink THAT low.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:40 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Favre hasn't missed a game in over a decade. There are only a handful of records he doesn't already have. He is widely respected as one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game... and his numbers last year were way above average. Now let's name the great quarterbacks Pittsburg has had since Bradshaw retired... Let's see there's... no...how about... no, I know.... no. Jealousy will get you no where. :wink:

All true... which is my point.. give it up while the gettin is good, don't love the limelight so much that you're gonna make your team suffer.. Favre WAS great at one time. as far as his number last year being above average though... hmmm... then why is it that they made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth....
Great quarterbacks for the Steelers... I agree there too! However... you'd have to be moronic *cough Child of Light cough* to think that ONE player is enough to carry an entire team for any period of time. I think it's more commendable that a team can carry a crappy quarterback i.e. Kordell Stewart... Hell, he got benched by the damn BEARS!!! lol
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:42 pm
soserene wrote:
When the rest of the team plays like #*^#, of course it looks like he's something great
I don't know what #*^# means, but may I remind you the team has the best record of any in the NFL since Brett took the helm? This despite Mike Holmgren's moronic "I don't believe in the shotgun" (even on 3rd and long Rolling Eyes ) mentality. Coincidence? I think not. :wink:
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:51 pm
soserene wrote:
cause I'm not gonna say things I don't mean just because one jackass is taking personal shots...
I'm not gonna sink THAT low.

Maybe I'm that jackass huh? Sorry, but saying that the Super Bowl was fixed is dumb, accept it. And don't worry about sinking to my level, because I'm just a few levels above Satan. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:12 pm
Well.. there is a huge difference between "idiocy" and having a sense of humor
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:21 pm
Sorry, but nothing is funny about questioning if those guys play their hearts out, joking or not.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:31 pm
There is nothing in the world that is humorless, if you keep an open mind.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:32 pm
And maybe it's such a grand conspiracy that I am the only one who has figured it out? Maybe they don't know!

*laughs*
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:55 pm
soserene wrote:
There is nothing in the world that is humorless, if you keep an open mind.

I disagree.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:25 pm
That's legal Smile
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:30 pm
Okay you two, that's about enough. Neither one of you really care about this silly debate... So, I want you both to place you hand, palm side down, on this virtual Cheese Wedge and repeat after me:
I solemnly swear I will respect all Football Fans, regardless of how delusional they may be, so help me Vince.
(Lombardi)
GOOOOOOO PACK!
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:46 pm
LOL
0 Replies