God, a rightie with a left wing son?

hilbert

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:41 am
I am an atheist, but I am amused by right wing Christians being so easily refuted by Jesus own words (as in their Bible) . They all believe the Bible is the ultimate authority, but seemed to have missed its whole point.

Have you noticed that whenever they use a Bible quote to support their argument, it's always from its Old Testament, not the New?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,438 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:02 am
@hilbert,
Unless it's something icky like being able to sell your own daughter into servitude.

Joe(but, Daddy !!)Nation
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:09 am
@hilbert,
What I find most amusing about christians are their advocacy to discriminate against gays and women. Religion is a dangerous human endeavor when what they think are morals turns to out be the devils own handiwork.

No, you can't marry somebody you love, because marriage is between a man and a woman. Never mind that I don't even know you are or where you live. Even when my own heterosexual marriage is in the toilet, and I've divorced a million times.

No, you can't control your own body, because all fetus' has a soul. I want to control your body, but I don't want any of the responsibilities for it after the baby is born with deformities or that your pregnancy endangers your health/life.

That's all up to god.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:10 am
Old testament God of retribution, conservative, new testament God of love, democrat.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 10:48 am
@RABEL222,
Sure.....except for Luke 19:27.

Joe(Christ was having a bad day)Nation
0 Replies