Just moved

Allyrup

Tue 10 Jul, 2012 09:44 pm
I just moved from WI to FL and it's been really hard. I really haven't done ANYTHING the past month since we've moved, our neighbors are an old couple and a family with 4 boys. One of them is my age, but it's REALLY awkward talking to him so I'm really lonely. Apparently we're in neighborhood where there are absolutely NO girls my age. My friends aren't being a big help either. They never talk to me anymore. I dont know what to do with my life any more! My siblings seem to be making friends fine. Is it just because I'm 13 and stuff or is it just me? I really need some help Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,982 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Tue 10 Jul, 2012 11:10 pm
@Allyrup,
You're kind of stuck, aren't you. At 13, you're dependent on parents for transportation, so that lets out a lot of ideas. It's especially hard to meet people in your age group while school's out of session, and I recall that at that age, a single year difference can make a lot of difference.

I would suggest you persue your own interests, whatever they are, and kind of keep an eye out for opportunities. Otherwise, I don't have any ideas, but maybe I can bump up the question and see who jumps in.

We have several mothers here with kids your age, and they've hit just about everything that could come along.
0 Replies

AlliTiger

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 10:19 am
Don't stress about it. The more you feel down, the harder it will be to adapt. Ask your parents to take out on trips to get to explore the area. While in school, you should join clubs or sports and meet girls. That way you can hang out with them later on and not feel lonely. Good luck!
KylaKevin

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 03:35 am
@AlliTiger,
Don't get frustrated, life is very beautiful so enjoy it you will find happiness somewhere.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Thu 25 Jul, 2013 09:12 am
When school starts things will get better. In the meantime, ask that kid where all the kids hang out. Is there a pool or exercise center in your neighborhood? Shopping center? How about youth groups? Ask your mom to take you to the local municipality office. They usually can direct you to parks and recreation programs. Call your new school and ask about late summer programs. Do you go to church? Perhaps you can find a few to visit and see what their youth programs are like. Take a walk around and see if there are any girls around your neighborhood.

Good luck. I admire you for looking for ways to make your life better. You sound like you want people around you - that's good.
0 Replies