STD alert

rxmt65

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 08:48 pm
Early this week my gynecologist said that my pop smear test was positive. The test turned positive for HPV. The physician said that it is a fast spreading virus out there now.

It is my point that this can happen to anyone who are very responsible and someone with a good common senses.

Let's suppose you are going out with someone monogamously for a while. Both of you are free from any STD, and you are having unprotected sex for the longest time. You get in a big, big fight and not see each other for a while. Fortunately or not you manage to understand each other and get back together. So can you resume unprotected sex? Think again. It's a funny thing to ask the person if he/she had unprotected sex with somebody else when you are getting back together.

I have been told HPV is becoming very common now. But if you have always been free from any kind of STD all your life, and suddenly you are diagnosed with the virus, it really devastating.

When in doubt, use protection.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 868 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rnewhall

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 11:27 pm
Thank you for your posting
I know how you feel. I had unprotected sex in July 2001 with someone who turned out to be a congenital liar. So despite having asked questions, I was in suspense for four long months. A lesson for sure.

(To answer an unasked question, I lucked out - tested GOP negative). God watches over children and fools (since I'm 62, obviously the latter)?

But enough of the personal. My reason for responding is as above - to thank you helping others by sharing your own sadness. May they read and heed!

rnewhall (2126 hrs PST, Thu 19 Feb 2004)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:39 am
I married into a Very Colorful Family.

One of Mr. Noddy's cousins decided to celebrate his 60th birthday with a mad, passionate fling. She was a Real Blond. She was even Blond Down There.

After a month or so of Mad Passion the Damn Fool decided "East, west--home's best" and begged his long suffering wife to take him back.

He was sleeping on the sofa for six months until he passed all blood work.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:40 am
I'm forgetting my manners. Welcome to A2K, rxmt and rnewhall. Enjoy!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 08:16 pm
Welcome to both rxmt65 and rnewhall!

Rxmt - you are doing a positive social service by speaking out. Good for you. STDs are everywhere and protected sex is important to staying healthy. HPV and genital herpes are both very common - more so than anyone knows because the symptoms aren't always obvious. Sorry you're going through this. You might be interested in a site called antopia.com or it's affilaite mpwh.com - stay informed.
0 Replies