SAY NO TO MILK

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:13 pm
@Krumple,
That's a specifically U.S. issue that's been previously addressed in a post here - as well as in the comments at the site the original article came from.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:14 pm
@ehBeth,
you guys don't have juiced cows up there?

what the hell is wrong with you...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:26 pm
@Rockhead,
crazy eh

another missed opportunity
mismi

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:32 pm
@ehBeth,
The milk I buy at the store does not have hormones. It is not the organic product either. I did research because I was going out to a farm 45 minutes away and getting several gallons every two weeks. I am sure it was better for us...but dang....when you work (back then I did anyway) full time and have to do that too - it's just too much.

I know the pasteurization and homogenization messes with how good it is for you - but as long as I am not the bitch from hell because of the hormones from the milk that I am not worried about it.

I am pretty sure that's not why I am the bitch from hell....wait a second, I may want that excuse back.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:59 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

That's a specifically U.S. issue that's been previously addressed in a post here - as well as in the comments at the site the original article came from.

Alright fair enough. But even without hormones the cow's milk was intended for baby cows. I am not sure about you, but I don't think I am a baby cow. I think we are not intended to drink cow's milk. I honestly think milk and milk products are one of several reasons why obesity is becoming more and more common. It isn't the only reason, but it is one of them.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:05 pm
@Krumple,
An apple is designed to provide nutrients to the apple seed, but that doesn't keep me from eating the apple.

Or the egg yolk.

The coffee bean is designed to propagate the coffee plant, but I still roast it and grind it, steep it in water, and drink the resulting infusion.

I don't think that argument has legs.
Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:10 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

An apple is designed to provide nutrients to the apple seed, but that doesn't keep me from eating the apple.

Or the egg yolk.

The coffee bean is designed to propagate the coffee plant, but I still roast it and grind it, steep it in water, and drink the resulting infusion.

I don't think that argument has legs.

Sure it does. You just want to justify it by lumping them all into the same thing.

I would never say orange juice concentrate is the same as eating an orange, but you might. I know there are a **** load of dietitians who would say to not drink orange juice concentrate. But why? Because you are absorbing too much of it and not enough of the proper stuff to go with it. Drinking concentrate is the equivelent of eating five or six oranges without the fiber to go with it.

In just the same way, the cows milk is designed for fattening up baby cows and human milk is designed for fattening up baby humans. There is a huge difference between human milk and cows milk.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:15 pm
@Krumple,
If you want to argue that cow milk is not good for humans then please do so, but simply stating that cow milk is intended for baby cows does not imply that it is bad for humans.

Your argument is invalid. You may still be right that cow milk is bad for humans, but that particular argument does nothing to prove your point.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:19 pm
@Krumple,
Y'know, Krumple, if somebody just gave you a half a brain -- why, you'd then have exactly one half of a brain.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:26 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

If you want to argue that cow milk is not good for humans then please do so, but simply stating that cow milk is intended for baby cows does not imply that it is bad for humans.

Your argument is invalid. You may still be right that cow milk is bad for humans, but that particular argument does nothing to prove your point.

People will do what ever they want to justify their diet. I honestly don't care if people agree with me about cows milk. I can tell some are reacting more offensively because they love cows milk more than understanding the argument being made.

A huge portion of the population have alergeis associated with dairy products. You don't think this has anything to do with it? Not only that but some of these effects are not actually attributed to milk drinking. When some cows are over milked or milked too often they can develop infections which go into the milk itself.

The blood and puss in the milk directly effect the human immune system causing phlegm allergies. The reason why is because the body considering this infection to now be a human infection so the immune system goes into action which results in an increase in phlegm.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:38 pm
@Krumple,
I'm not trying to justify anything; I just pointed out the weakness of your original argument.

Personally, I cannot speak to the accuracy of these new issues you've brought up. If you find them compelling, then good for you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 05:56 am
Cow's milk . . . if it's good enough for Ferdinand, it's good enough for me!

http://thriftstoreart.com/hm-bll.jpg
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 09:22 am
@Setanta,
um..boss, I has never seen a bull drinking any cowsey's milk. Mr. Green ...I seen them doing lots of other stuff, but that dosen't seem to be related.

Joe(Bulls: Making cows contented for 15,ooo years)Nation
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 10:01 am
@Joe Nation,
Ferdinand was not born a bull, and he had to have a lot of milk to get to that state.
Irishk

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:22 am
@Setanta,
http://www.nickmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/cat-milk.jpg
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:24 am
@Irishk,
That one is going straight to the Funny Signs thread.

Joe(now)Nation
Irishk

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:26 am
@Joe Nation,
Thought about it...decided it might make a statement on this here milk thread Smile

Irish(did I just say 'this here'?)K
DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:29 pm
@Irishk,
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2012/07/why_don_t_we_drink_other_animals_milk_the_dairy_of_camels_buffalo_pigs_sheep_and_goats_.single.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:53 pm
That was alreay linked here.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 01:53 pm
@Setanta,
So if you've read it before, don't follow the link....
0 Replies