birth control and heavy exercising? (Guys don't enter)

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:45 pm
Hi, I just started exercising again after some time, or should I say excessive exercising. I've been on the pill now for about 6 months and i've never had any problems with them. But now all of a sudden i've started spotting abit and I just was wondering if this could be from such a big change in my body at one time? Sorry guys if you read this...lol...can't say I didn't warn you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 966 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 07:09 pm
Hnh, I have no idea! Can't you just put in a phone call to your doctor?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 07:22 pm
A serious exercise regimen, with or without weight changes, can definitely have an impact on your (quaint phrasing) reproductive system. You sometimes read about professional/Olympic female athletes who have to cut back on training in order to become pregnant.

Spotting while on the pill is usually something you want to let a doctor know about.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 09:26 pm
I was on the pill for about six years. I was and am an avid exerciser, so when I started doing too many sit-ups at one time, I started spotting. For me, it was nothing to worry about. You should always talk to your doctor, whenever there are unusual changes in your body.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 08:47 pm
Thanks, i have went to the doc, he said if it occurs for any more then 5 days i should come back because it would mean i need a stronger birth control pill. I've also been getting killer headaches, driving me friggen crazy. He said my hormones are all outta wack now. Weird.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 10:03 pm
Glad to hear you are okay. Those nasty hormone changes are one of the most terrible things women have to deal with.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 10:54 pm
ehBeth wrote:
You sometimes read about professional/Olympic female athletes who have to cut back on training in order to become pregnant.

I'm not sure of the exact figure, but when a woman's fat levels get below a certain point they stop menstruating.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:11 pm
It's usually called oligomenorrhea
0 Replies