Have a wonderful weekend

jcboy

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:44 pm
This is one of the only weekends we don’t have plans. I kind of like it that way. Usually we’re busy doing something on the weekend but not this one. We didn’t make any plans with anyone, just staying home and playing it by ear. I kind of like it that way. Well except for dinner out tonight. But the weekend is free!

What do you usually do on the weekends?

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:47 pm
@jcboy,
I find going with the flow much more exciting than the stress of timing, getting ready, leaving on time, running around feeding the "pests", I mean pets all before getting out that door Smile We often just go "let's go here for dinner, or let's go wine tasting today the sun's shining"... So much better.

I suck... I work weekends (agent remember) and David is a Chef so he generally works at least one if not both of the weekend nights. Friday's are "our day"....

Now I want to do lunch and wine tasting grrrr Smile
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 05:43 pm
@jcboy,
Both my kids are little and since it is summer it seems our weekends get crammed with birthday parties and such.

But I am excited to say that I get to go out and get my hair done this weekend, in the middle of one of those said birthday parties and I get to leave the party early..

sounds like a good weekend to me!!!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 05:50 pm
I'm heading to red deer to buy two water tanks for my almost renovated boler. Going to see my niece's U12 soccer game, they're in the cities and hoping to make the provincials. I'll probably take in the street performers festival tomorrow night. Maybe check out the farmers market on Sunday. Other than that I'll be spending time in the garden. It's going to be hot, hot, hot here, so I'll probably have a few icy wobbly pops, but I wont be driving!!!
Wishing everyone a great weekend.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 05:52 pm
@jcboy,
I usually don't ever have plans for the weekend.

Last Saturday being the really rare exception. I was invited to a Facebook friend's birthday party. Not knowing anyone other then the birthday girl and our only mutual friend I was like a fish out of water. I was quite uncomfortable that night. Left early. Though it was interesting to experience a big nightlife first: our group was allowed to jump ahead of the line at an East Village bar via the bouncer/door check.

Other then that my usual weekend plans include potentially going to the gym at least one of the days and/or going to the movies. But that's always moot by the fact I never end up doing anything. Prior to moving to Brooklyn if I did go out on the weekend it would be to the library in midtown which is open on Sat and Sunday.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 05:52 pm
Seafood dinner tomorrow night. Tonight it's fend for yourself! Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 05:54 pm
@jcboy,
This weekend?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.......getting some furniture and stuff moved out and then cleaning, cleaning, painting, arranging, decluttering and generally toiling getting my apartment ready for its first open.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:02 pm
We were busy last weekend and also on Independence Day, so we chill tomorrow. I might go to Antique Row in a neighboring beach community as I am looking for an old kitchen table/storage - I love antique shops!

Usually on weekends, it's shoveling the teenager around from point A to B and whatever else there is in teenage land and hanging out with friends. SoCal is more easy going - opera or theater engagements are a rare thing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:02 pm
Neutral
heh.

my weekends ususally consist of:

Sleeping an hour late
Groceries, other needed shopping
Cleaning
Laundry
Bill paying
Looking at stocks
Going to the pool for about an hour and a half each day
Maybe taking a nap Sunday afternoon
Reading
Maybe cooking a couple of meals
Maybe a movie that's been recorded
Coloring hair every other weekend

Sometimes we'll go out to eat

Call me Mrs. Excitment.

I like it this way.
Adam4Adam

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
Don't forget about flamingo on Sunday!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:09 pm
@jcboy,
We've also had a relatively busy stretch that's then calmed down, which I'm happy about.

Kid's at a sleepover tonight, E.G.'s on his way home with some takeout, we have a few movies waiting for us at Rebox, will be nice to chill a bit.

Softball is over, no parties this weekend, I think a lot of people are out of town. Not sure what we'll do. Probably will involve some cleaning. Almost definitely laundry. Woo!
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:35 pm
@jcboy,
Same here, didn't make plans but that could change soon.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:57 pm
Flying my Lear jet to Nova Scotia
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:58 pm
Or maybe I'll go up to Saratoga
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:59 pm
@chai2,
we started our weekend earlt this evening. We headed tpo Staples and on the way home we passed a veggie stand on MAy Post Office Road. We stopped at the stand,(it was AMish run) and we saw this really beautiful Butter and Sugar corn. So we bought a dozen and spent the rest of the trip home thinking about the ways e would do the corn on the cons.
She likes it steamed on the grill just so the husks are slightly burnt and then the insdes are guhing sweetness

I like em cooked in sugar water sothey are extra sweet and juicy. Ya serve em with salty butter and cracked pepper.

Then she came up with the idea of doing some "Hobo packs" of potato chunks, mushrooms and yella beans all drizzled with a balsamic and garlic dressing and steamed in the charcoal grill.

SO we got home and decided"**** it" Let go out to eat at Saketume for some ebi and unagi and seaweed salad.

Thats the way you should properly begin to **** away a weekend, always sneak up on what yer gonna do, dont let em see ya making any plans.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 08:06 pm
@farmerman,
Now there's a great post.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 09:16 pm
@George,
Quote:
Or maybe I'll go up to Saratoga

Just be careful if you start having dreams about clouds in your coffee.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 09:23 pm
You guys all sound like you have such exciting lives compared to me.

[sigh]

Surprised
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 09:56 pm
@Reyn,
whatd ya do today Reyn?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 04:20 am
@George,
George wrote:

Or maybe I'lWl go up to Saratoga