contradiction in rightie beliefs?

hilbert

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:13 am
It seems to me this is a contradiction in extreme rightie beliefs: They assert Obama is anti-religious, but you also assert he’s a devout Muslim.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 750 • Replies: 7
No top replies

parados

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:16 am
@hilbert,
No contradiction.

The principle is when you hate someone you can make up whatever lies you want about him even if the lies themselves contradict each other.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:21 am
@hilbert,
Anyone that asserts he's a devout anything religious ... particularly a Muslim ... is grossly misinformed and on a propaganda campaign of slurring his name through disinformation. This fundamentalist propagated crap is all connected to the old saw they drag out as his middle name is Hussein.

For those fuindamentalist and extreme righties can't quote facts into a political discussion then they attempt to baffle them with bullshit. Sad to say, but some people respond to it. A certain percentage will repeat these lies as truth and then they'll go vote for the other guy.

In this instance, the other guy happens to be a Mormon, FWIW (and whose Grand-daddy skipped out to Mexico as his Mormon practice of polygamy was outlawed in the States). As for Romney,the fact is that in 1969 he spent thirty months in France as a Mormon missionary.

All of which doesn't matter in my mind either, but to an extreme righty or fundamentalist...it must drive them ever-loving nuts?!
parados

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:29 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Which doesn't matter in my mind either, but to a extreme righty or fundamentalist...it must drive them ever-loving nuts?!

I think cognitive dissonance is what some people need to be happy. Their reality is built on facts that don't match up. Their heads would probably explode if they had to actually make sure all their beliefs were supported by non contradictory facts.
Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 09:32 am
@parados,
However, sometimes the dissonance (and bullshit level) is deafening. In this case, this Prez election is vitally important...even more so than in many other years..and the future success of the progress of the country and its constituents rests in the balance.

So in the case of the dissonance over 'Obamacare' and its legality was brought before SCOTUS and defeated; however, no attempt at a constructive alternative was ever made as a suggestion.

{oops! I think I drifted off-topic...or DID I?]
aspvenom

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 10:21 am
@Ragman,
It seems America is hindered by politicians fighting each other with false claims and rumors, similar to how children act in the playground, rather than using political leadership to address the problem quickly and efficiently. If politicians keep this up we will be drifting more and more towards mediocrity
Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 11:50 am
@aspvenom,
If it were only a drift towards mediocity and not such a reversal!...sigh

US politicans are not unique with this slide towards partisan selfish incompetence. It's a worldwide trend.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 02:02 pm
@aspvenom,
Were already there.
0 Replies