ONLY IN IRELAND

Misti26

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 07:17 pm
Only in Ireland

An old man lived alone in Ireland. He wanted to dig his potato garden, but it was very hard work.

His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison for bank robbery. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his predicament.

Shortly, he received this reply,
"For HEAVEN'S SAKE Dad, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the Money!"

At 4 A.M. the next morning, a dozen policemen showed up and dug up the entire garden, without finding any money.

Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what
happened, and asking him what to do next.

His son's reply was: "Now plant your potatoes, Dad. It's the best I could do from here."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,097 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:57 pm
Nice one Misti.

Only thing is, it's a true story!

I knew the guy, from County Wicklow, who actually wrote that letter.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 03:55 pm
nooooo, really?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:14 pm
Wickla, huh ?

Here's a paddy hill billy story for ye . . .

An Offaly boy and his father were going Christmas shopping in a mall in the big City. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again. The boy asked, "What the feck is tha'?" The father (never having seen a lift) responded, " I've never seen anything like tha' in me life. I don't know what the Jasus i' is." While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a grotesquely fat and ugly Westmeath woman waddled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the small circular numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until it reached the last number and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order. Finally the walls opened up again and a gorgeous, voluptuous 24-year-old blonde woman stepped out.

The father, not taking his goggle eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son,"QUICK, go get your Ma."

(stolen, without the least shame, from P45)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:15 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:46 pm
Hey! That "fat and ugly Westmeath woman" is my ex-girlfriend. Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 06:20 pm
yeah, but did ye hook up with the blond bombshell that came out of "the little room?"
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:34 pm
Arra gawan! <teh heh> Laughing
0 Replies