A MODEST PROPOSAL . . .

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:22 pm
@Setanta,
Better be careful... Same birth dates of someone close to you, being a Gemini, same history to a degree with the Irish, although I have to add some Spanish and Swedish blood into mine .... I could be your long lost Cuz ..................................

Don't spit your coffee out, that wasn't very nice of you .............................
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 11:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You're funny (a compliment, not a put-down). Smile It would be a hoot if you were in my family tree. Smile

http://www.mikebrownphotography.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/-/w-bo4546_1.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
One doesn't have to go back very far to know that everyone is everyone else's cousin.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 02:33 am
@Setanta,
So we are all related then... What a happy A Family, 2... Yeah mostly in Australia though it's England where we came from, convicts, witches you know. Not the Irish Smile
Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 03:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Yeah, right . . . there were a fair amount of the Irish sent there, as you well know. What i was referring to is our ancestors before England and Ireland existed, and even before humans arrived in what we now call Australia. That's Mitochondrial Eve from whom all women today are descended, and who lived about 200,000 years ago; and Y-chromosomal Adam from whom all men are descended, and about whom there is less certainty of when he lived. Some people think as recently as 60,000 years ago, and some think as long ago as 142,000 years ago. There were other men and women living at the same time as they lived, but all of their descendants have died off, leaving everyone the descendants of these two--who, of course, did not live at the same time.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 04:21 am
@Setanta,
You are opening a new can of worms.

We've gone from Ireland to Africa.

And in theory we've gone from Adam and Eve as the first, to Eve was first with many a woman around at that time, to Adam coming last. No punt intended.

I'm interested to hear what happens from here as far as peoples answers, thoughts.

Go Set... to challenge ...and discuss.
Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 04:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
No punt intended? Does that mean any boating you do will be unforeseen?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 04:54 am
@Setanta,
"unforeseen boating"...

is that like when you crash your car in the lake?

or when your airplane loses power, falls from the sky, and becomes a submarine?
Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 05:03 am
@Rockhead,
Both scenarios worthy of the description. My brother got drunk one night, and dumped his car in a ditch. A farmer came along to tow him out of the ditch, and he had the driver's side door open, and was playing submarine. The farmer was his girlfriend's father (soon to be x-girlfriend).
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 05:06 am
@Setanta,
Dunno , if I go boating It will be summer... Therefore , I imagine a bikini, glass of good champagne, sunglasses. I'd just cruise.
0 Replies