Straight but I find the male form more attractive?

JP588

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:15 am
I sketch body art (nude forms both males and females) and I’m heterosexual. I’m attracted to women both emotionally and sexually however it seems like the female form does little to excite me. It only excites me when I’m hormonal. Otherwise it’s just there; I’m extremely picky about things being in proportion; don’t really obsess over breasts and vaginas don’t get my juices flowing either unless I want sex.

On the contrary I really like staring at the athletic male body, observing the structure; bulkiness, the muscles abs; sometimes I even compare the shape and length of the penis to mines. I’ve always admired the male form; from Greek sculptures to fitness magazines. With that said I’ve never felt sexually attracted to men though; I just admire the male form more than I admire the female form.

Just find it strange and confusing to why I may feel that way because I don’t hear a lot other straight men saying they find the male form more attractive?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,823 • Replies: 3
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:43 am
@JP588,
JP..

I personally find the female body beautiful, yet I am not bi-sexual.. I've had many a woman (when I was younger) approach that but whilst I admired their minds, their softness, emotions and bodies, attire it just wasn't there for me. I loved acting, singing so I guess I am somewhat also artistic to a degree... So I understand where your mind is coming from.

There is nothing wrong with sexuality and admiring it. In your position of sketching art it makes perfect sense to me that you are going to admire what it is that facinates you, excites you as an artist.. You are looking at things from an artistic perspective.

The only other thing out of the ordinary is that you compare sizes.. That could be you feeling in-adequate for no apparent reason, feeling that what you are looking at in its totality is better. Not a healthy way to look at things.

If you are picky and like things in proportion again, that's just your artistic side.

I wouldn't worry about it.

0 Replies

thel00ker

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 09:21 pm
@JP588,
I think It's quite normal to admire the male body, even If you are a guy. The thing is that some people do it more than others, and many times people don't even realize they do it, I guess you just made the behaviour conscious.
I think that by observing, specially when you have to sketch you tend to become more sensible to that kind of characteristics in the male and female body. There is nothing to worry about. I also draw, and enjoy way more drawing male bodies than female bodies. I just find it easier and more attractive, It's like I know exactly what I'm drawing and It's just more fun than females.
I'm also attracted to draw the body I would like to have. Maybe you're just comparing and Imagining something you would love in yourself
cheers
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 09:28 am
It's all about:
Who you want to be.
Who you want to be like.
Who you want to make love to.

0 Replies