Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:13 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopped_liver

I wonder if all of the posters catch on to the the implied meaning of being chopped liver?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:23 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I wonder if all of the posters catch on to the the implied meaning of being chopped liver?

I sure don't. What,in your opinion, is that meaning?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:25 am
@Lustig Andrei,
wikipedia isn't even sure, since it offers two opposite positions (and thinks they're the same Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:27 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Liver is wonderful. Especially Leber mit Äpfeln und Zwiebeln.

mmmm mmmmmmm
Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:29 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I sure don't. What,in your opinion, is that meaning?

Chopped liver in "the Jewish Alps" (aka, the Catskill Mountains of NYS) heyday of 1950's Kosher summer resorts, would have chopped liver as a side dish, that not everyone had a penchant for. So, by asking, "Am I chopped liver?" the inference is that one might be considered a not too favorite side dish to the main course. Very different than being brisket or roast chicken.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:33 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I think we need a place for all of us of no significance whatsoever, so that we can feel that we fit in somewhere. Anyone is welcome, unless and until we find out they're important to somebody. I'd invite Joe to join us, but he may be too insignificant . . . liver chopped too finely.

Did you start this thread out of your largesse? You are one of the more significant people on the forum. Whether I like you or not, I will say you appear, in my opinion, to be an "alpha poster." Look at how many threads you start, humorous or otherwise! I am still laughing from your humorous thread where you made mention of a "sammich." [Foofie rolled off of his chair in laughter.]
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:53 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Liver is wonderful. Especially Leber mit Äpfeln und Zwiebeln.

mmmm mmmmmmm

Aw, now you're making me homesick. Thank you very much.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:06 pm
Shut up Miller . . .
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:06 pm
@Foofie,
It is a badge (stinking or otherwise) which we Liverites wear proudly.

We, the shunted asided, the second choices, the marked-down-for-clearance of humanity gather here to share our stories of being passed over, skirted (but not in a good way) and relegated to the back table with the pillar blocking most of the view of the dais of life.

At least, they could have saved a seat where we could have seen the world passing us by.

Joe(<group sigh>)Nation
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:42 pm
God i love florid, empty melodrama . . . thanks, Joe . . .
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

It is a badge (stinking or otherwise) which we Liverites wear proudly.

We, the shunted asided, the second choices, the marked-down-for-clearance of humanity gather here to share our stories of being passed over, skirted (but not in a good way) and relegated to the back table with the pillar blocking most of the view of the dais of life.

At least, they could have saved a seat where we could have seen the world passing us by.

Joe(<group sigh>)Nation

Oy gevalt, such humility.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 12:46 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Shut up Miller . . .

Nyet. You are not chopped liver. I consider you a nice plate of cornbeef and cabbage, metaphorically speaking of course.

Sammich! [Foofie just says "sammich" and Foofie convulses in laughter, rolling off of his chair once again.]
Below viewing threshold (view)
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:23 pm
@Setanta,
Set, bubbele, You're confusing unimportant moi. Are Foofie and Miller one and the same?

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:27 pm
@Roberta,
Yes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:27 pm
@Roberta,
doesn't matter eh

as long as we can have chopped liver at our table for chopped liver posters
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Em, anyone here ever eaten one of those? I mean one of those items in the photo?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:30 pm
@ossobuco,
the ingredient list is like a cross between scrapple and haggis

I might like it Neutral
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:37 pm
@Roberta,
If the supermarket has liver, I'll start chopping. Love the sound of liver being chopped.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:49 pm
@ehBeth,
about Leber mit apfeln und sweibeln: http://spicisi.blogspot.com/2010/03/alltagskuche-leber-mit-zwiebeln-und.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NhhCHGvhlBM/S7JTuE8z3BI/AAAAAAAAAn0/x2e5JSiwu5c/s400/P1020724.JPG