porsche 911

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:34 am
The bomb is now in Denver
Dys and Diane's new "bomb" is now ensconsed in Denver. They e-mailed me yesterday that it runs good.

BBB
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 02:01 pm
Now that they own a "I'm it" car, they prolly are too snooty to tell us about it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 02:11 pm
yeppers
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 08:50 pm
Hah, too snotty??? Moi, who is only 5'1"??? I can't fully push the clutch down to the floor because I'm too damn short!!! It's fine for driving on the highway or in town with little traffic, but I don't think I could shift gears quickly enough to drive comfortable or safely in heavy traffic.

Do you know how much I resent women with long legs? Oh, this isn't the question thread. Anyway, we have some thinking to do to make it safer for me to drive. And, to add to this pathetic situation, I have to look through the lower part of the windshield, looking just like a little old lady. In my next life I WILL have long legs!! After all that whining, I do love the car.

We are beginning to question whether we should leave the whale tail on or take it off. We prefer the clean lines of the classic old 911, but this is the design for this particular model, which was only made for a few months in 1989. Do we keep it clean or do we keep it authentic?

It was a pleasure on the road, purring along like it was brand new instead of an old timer with 145,000 miles on the gauge. Of course, Bob and I both have lots of mileage, so the three of us seem meant for each other. This is pure fun.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:10 pm
good point. Even though the rear shelf doesnt make it look good, it keeps the car in one piece. UNLESS, you take it off, get some red grommets and keep the spoiler in a cabinet so when you sell it , you can have it all in one piece. hMMM what to do?

All i have to worry about is whether to get a bed liner or a rhino liner. Not much sexiness in diesel trucks
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:30 pm
Diane, hmm, interesting about what to do about your ability to command the car (as it were) by reaching the clutch solidly.

As I know from our talking elsewhere, you could wear platform shoes (nooooooo), or extend the track (sounds good, I like it) but you would still have to add a cushion, probably a trapezoidal one of some sort.. and what was the third thing?

This brings up that my old volvo has no place at all to put a cup of coffee and I want to invent a trapezoidal passenger seat holding device. I think something like this exists, but it is some sort of desk apparatus. Oh, ne'er mind, that's another topic question...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:31 pm
re the rear wing, actually to my surprise, the oil cooler on this specific model was moved from under the front air dam to under the rear wing leaving the removal of the wing questionable.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:32 pm
If you belong to AAA, you can take it to their shop for a 100 percent look-over for (electronic) engine checkup, mechanics, and body. Money well spent. Otherwise, I'd suggest you take it to the local Porche dealer and have them to a once-over.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 06:30 am
Ah, just leave the wing on, you'll get used to it...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 09:16 am
You can go either way with the wing, I think it was an option anyway...my buddy's came without the wing, and he put one on himself.

Although I generally hate spoilers on cars, I like it on that particular one...I say leave it on.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 09:26 am
Akshully, the wing adds rear downforce at anything much over about 100 mph ... helps a lot with the twitchy rear end thing that plagued 911s. Not much practicle application in city traffic, but you won't be driving just in the city now, will ya :wink: ?

Twisted Evil

A buncha outfits offer pedal risers that firmly clamp to the pedal assembley, mostly for the handicapped market. Just do a google on "pedal extenders" ... you'll be amazed.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 09:29 am
Yea, actually the spoiler on that car most likely serves a purpose, unlike the pigeon slicers people put on their sh!tbox Hondas.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 02:06 pm
Ah, dys and Diane. That car is beautiful. The last time I drove a straight drive was a Dodge Omni. Very Happy The clutch was short on it, and I leapt off the berm and nearly scared two people too death, who happened to be leisurely strolling up the road. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw my husband laughin' his ass off. Well, at least the porsche isn't an SUV, and it will appreciate. Wish we still had our Morris Mini minor.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 07:05 pm
farmerman wrote:
good point. Even though the rear shelf doesnt make it look good, it keeps the car in one piece. UNLESS, you take it off, get some red grommets and keep the spoiler in a cabinet so when you sell it , you can have it all in one piece. hMMM what to do?

All i have to worry about is whether to get a bed liner or a rhino liner. Not much sexiness in diesel trucks

Then you're not with the right diesel truck crowd.

Youy gotta love a dually able to dust a Corvette to 100MPH. This is reality with a Cummins-powered Ram.

I want a Ram. Sad

PS--Forget the drop-in & Rhino it. It's no contest--Rhino is almost indestructible.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 08:44 pm
I've been Rhinoing my trucks for years ... works pretty good, and I beat hell out of 'em. I treat 'em like trucks.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 09:57 pm
The only problem Ive had with the rhino liner in one truck is that its on too thick. I had to spend a lot of time to have the guys at the bed liner place, shave the crap out of the place where the back of the bed meets the base of the tailgate. I like the rhino better than a normal bedliner, easier on thebed when im hauling big rock samples or boxes that i dont want to slide.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 07:32 am
uhoh, dys and Diane. I just saw where your car is the third most expensive car to insure. YIKES!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 07:51 am
Very nice car, Dys and Diane! I'd leave the spoiler on...

We live about an hour away from where Porsche is built - that's about an hour on the German autobahn ;-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 08:18 am
Just bought

http://www.wohlfahrtsmarken2004.de/img/2003_3_gr.jpg

a Porsche 356 B Coupe.

Unfortunately, I only could afford the car on a stamp.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 11:20 am
urs, And driving on the autoban at 150km per hour? Wink
0 Replies