revelette

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 09:14 am
@DrewDad,
There was another incident which RNC handled pretty well actually.

Republican Attendees Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Called Her An 'Animal'
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:07 am
@revelette,
From your link.
Quote:
The convention condemned the incident in a statement, saying, "Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

This is similar to the Todd Aiken statement about rape. They think by disavowing these bigoted statements and actions that the people will forgive and forget.

This only proves what the party members believe in their hearts; it can't be disavowed by the leadership as if they are against such things. That "is" their party membership.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
I have no problem with the RNC's response. People were likely drunk and acting like assholes (am I the only one who thinks Prebius was drunk last night? He certainly looked like it), and they ejected them and condemned their behavior. It was the appropriate response, and I don't think it will have any lasting effect upon the GOP.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't think you understand what I'm trying to get at; that most of the conservative party faithfuls "believe" what Aiken said, and what those two guys did at the convention. Of course they should be thrown out, but the deeper problem is that many, if not most, in their party believes what Aiken said and what those two did.

Look what Romney said at one of his gatherings; that he was born in Michigan, and nobody asked to see his birth certificate.

Come on! Wake up.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:27 am

Quote:
"I can't speak for why people are making the argument," he said speaking from the Republican National Convention in Tampa, "other than they're pointing out the dependency on the federal government, and the federal government's broke."

Jansing followed up, "But you agree that these claims that the work requirement has been abolished are false?"

"As far as I have seen, but I don’t know all of the basis to it," Brownback said, and then returned to a discussion about the "dependency" on the federal government.

"I do know the basis to this dependency on the government and how big the government is and how big the entitlement state is and how much of a debt we're leaving to our kids," he continued.

source

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:43 am
@revelette,
I guess dependency on the federal government to provide for our "general welfare" is out of the question. Why are we spending so much on defense, and not on our infrastructure and education?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 01:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Infrastructure lasts 50 or 100 years. Bombs and bullets are used immediatly and have to be replaced once a month or so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 01:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From the NYT.
http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/making-the-election-about-race/

It's about "race," and the perception that blacks and minorities live off the government when in fact more whites get welfare than blacks.

Here's the math.
Breakdown of AFDC in US. White 38.8 percent, Black 39.8 percent, Hispanic 15.7 percent, Asian 2.4 percent, other 3.3 percent.
US population in 2010 (from census):
total 308,746,000 X 72.4% white = 235,532,000
whites = 235,532,000 X 38.8% on welfare = 86,736,000

308,746,000 X 12.6% black = 38,902.000
blacks = 38,902,000 X 39.8% on welfare = 15,483,000

That's 71,253,000 more whites on welfare than blacks.

So, what are the conservatives trying to say about welfare? They hate helping their own white brothers and sisters? That they are lazy, and should find work?

That the conservatives have a plan to reduce the unemployment in the US?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 08:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ryan is saying we need leadership. Is he that stupid? The GOP has blocked almost every legislation coming out of the white house.

How can anyone lead when one party blocks all the legislation coming out from the white house?

They are all pretty stupid.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 08:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ryan said he and Romney are going to correct our economic problems, but he's lacking any detail. I have only one question; how?

He just said, "your leaders have failed you." How can any democratic leader lead when one party continues to say "NO?"
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 08:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bankruptcies have skyrocketed since the Great Recession. What solutions does Ryan-Romney have to correct this trend? Do they know there's a world recession now? How do you create jobs when demand for goods and services are at its lowest point since 2009, salaries and benefits for the middle class has remained stagnant?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One way to get government out of our lives is for all those GOP government workers to quit.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Texas Voter ID Law Is Rejected by Federal Court

The law sought to require voters to present photo identification to officials before being allowed to cast ballots in November.

Good!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:54 am
Wow -

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/315474/so-how-are-they-going-reduce-debt-veronique-de-rugy

When even the very right-wing Veronique de Rugy calls Ryan out for being hypocritical and misleading in his promises, you know the meme that the dude is a liar is really starting to take hold.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 12:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That's the major problem; conservatives believe what Ryan said about cutting our deficit without explaining how he's going to accomplish this miracle.

On top of all that, he promises not to take away MediCare.

A grade school student would understand that his math just doesn't make sense, but the adults at the convention ate up everything he served.

There's no cure for .........., and "that's" the danger for our country.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's the dope on Ryan's speech; it's full of bull ****!

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-ryan-takes-factual-shortcuts-speech-070905927.html
RABEL222

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 02:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But he is a pretty face and shouts his opinions as if they were truth. All the things that convince the brain dead voters that he is the one.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 02:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Unfortunately, liars have big followings. They must all be very proud of themselves, and they call themselves "catholics, christians and mormons."

Ignorance is no excuse for their stupidity.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 02:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This just out; it confirms what I've been saying. They live and love the liars.

Quote:
'He's a straight shooter': Voters react to Ryan's speech

Yahoo! News asked voters to share their reactions to Paul Ryan's address: "Paul Ryan's acceptance speech at the RNC was hyped and full of hope, but he answered the call, with the bases loaded, and hit it out of the park."

He's a "straight shooter" to like-minded idiots who don't understand honesty.
Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

This just out; it confirms what I've been saying. They live and love the liars.

Politics and lying go hand in hand. You honestly think that there are any politicians today that tell you the truth? You keep talking about the other team being liars but really there are no politicians that don't lie. It is in their job description. In fact I think the very definition of politician is "one who excels at lying constantly."
0 Replies