revelette

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:04 pm
Bob Woodward Says Romney Allies Brought Benghazi Source To His Home

Quote:
"Some people close to Romney, a couple of weeks ago, just showed up at my house and said that they had somebody in a very sensitive position in the U.S. government who was willing to meet with me and give me information about Benghazi," Woodward told Hannity.

After the source failed to show at several meetings, Woodward said he finally met the person and was disappointed by the quality of the information.

"He finally showed up and he didn't have anything where he had any firsthand knowledge," Woodward said. "He said you ought to talk to his person and that person and so forth."

It was not clear from Woodward's remarks whether the people shopping the source in the first place were part of Romney's campaign, or were operating with the candidate's knowledge.

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:18 pm
Has anyone seen this? Is this true?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18271_10151148682356446_1942868001_n.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, The difference here? Billions spent; that's billions with a big "B."

Did you know this before now? Yea, tell us about it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:20 pm
@JPB,
how wildly appropriate is that.

the village idiot to the end...
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:22 pm
@JPB,
That's one sharp ex-President! LOL
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:24 pm
@Rockhead,
Not true. Funny, but it originated with the Daily Currant.

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2012/11/texmessage-wait-a-second-did-george-w-bush-actually-vote-for-obama/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:24 pm
@JPB,
I heard it was a fake, but it's the sort of thing he's stupid enough to do.
spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
According to OpenSecrets.org, an online public online database regarding US election spending maintained by CRP, Democrat candidate Barak Obama campaign has raised $632 million and Republican candidate Mitt Romney campaign has raised $ 389 million so far and spent $ 540 million and $ 336 million respectively. While according to cqmoneyline.com, another online database overseeing into election expenditures, the Super PAC working for Obama ‘Priorities USA Action’ raised $35 million and Romney Super Pac ‘Restore Our Future’ raised $96 million during first nine months of this year. Similarly, Republican National Committee (RNC) working for Romney got $ 331 million receipts till September 30 and DNC Services Committee for Obama got $ 254 million receipts during the same period.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
That's having it both ways izzy. Admitting the story is false but blaming Mr Bush anyway.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:34 pm
I presume that most of you guys come on this liberal site in order to have the satisfaction of being agreed with for the rest of your lives.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:36 pm
@spendius,
why would you possibly presume that, spendicus?
parados

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:37 pm
@spendius,
Gosh Spendi, no. I come on here to see how many times you will bring up 18th century literature and attempt to relate it in some arcane fashion to today.
spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Because of your rather obvious eagerness to spout the same over-simplifications and cliches.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:41 pm
@parados,
He tries very hard to show he is well read, but his ability to relate his readings to the topic at hand misses the point - about 99% of the time. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:41 pm
@spendius,
mine?

really...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He tries very hard to show he is well read

I do not. I am very much in first gear. I try to encourage you all to be as well read as I am in order that you are abled to talk less shite and be a more interesting companion to those who have to suffer from contact with you and feel it impolite to guffaw at every trite opinion you spout.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:25 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I presume that most of you guys come on this liberal site in order to have the satisfaction of being agreed with for the rest of your lives.

I smell something. sour grapes ?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:31 pm
@IRFRANK,
no, he's from merry olde england.

more likely old cheese...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:41 pm
@spendius,
And to join in castigating those with whom they disagree - yes.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:45 pm
@Ragman,
Don't you watch Animal Planet?

Newts are amphibians, not reptiles, and I don't believe there is a single species that can alter it's pigmentation to help keep it hidden.
0 Replies