Isreal and the USS Liberty

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:14 pm
Well, this is a topic I've researched extensively, but it was in the newspaper today so it got me thinking.

Personally I think Isreal's attacks on the USS Liberty were an accident. But what facinates me is that so many people on the ship are so adamant about this having been intentional.

Some of them seem to be motivated by prejudice against Jews. But that doesn't seem to explain it all to me. Others don't seem to be motivated by racial reasons at all, and certain persons familiar with the investigation say that there was pressure to find it an accident.

I think it was an accident, but that perhaps there was pressure to speedily recognize it as such. And I wonder if said pressure is part of what fuels the controversy.

What do you think about the case? In your opinion did Isreal intentionally attack the USS Liberty or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,200 • Replies: 3
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:22 pm
IF you can believe what you read I think it could have been an accident also - that was a long time ago and technology and communication are way better now.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:17 am
I believe it was an accident. I just don't see how any reasonable Israeli strategist could have thought that intentionally attacking a US ship would be a good idea.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:58 pm
Lab Rat's point is well taken. Why on earth would Isrealis intentionally bite the hand that gives them more support than any other nation on earth? Nothing except an unfortunate accident makes any sense whatver.
0 Replies