83% of Doctors May Quit

Miller

Sat 16 Jun, 2012 04:18 pm
@parados,
Many in Massachusetts don't buy health insurance, until they're sick. After they recover, they drop their insurance.

By the way, there are several health plans in Massachusetts that are very, very cheap. But then, they don't cover too much.
parados

Sat 16 Jun, 2012 04:35 pm
@Miller,
So everyone that goes to the Dr has insurance?
But you just argued that the lack of payment was the problem. I guess that means that corporations are screwing over the state then.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 16 Jun, 2012 06:17 pm
If a high percentage of doctors leave the profession, could that have been the intent all along? I say this since many office visits could be handled by physician assistants, overseen by one doctor. The physician assistant is reimbursed less, and the physician assistant training correlates to less unemployment. I sort of wonder if the fat cat class we call doctors are going to get tossed under the proverbial bus? This was done with secretarys back in the early 20th century. Secretarys originally were the under studies of the President of a company, and would eventually fill his shoes. When that function ended, women became secretarys at a lesser pay. Hey, women are now doctors. Could that correlate to the profession losing its preferred position?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 16 Jun, 2012 07:27 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
How will Obama remedy this sorrow situation?

It can't. The reforms I suggested however could remedy the problem.
0 Replies