Recycling and Literacy are Threats to America!

Scrat

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 12:14 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Umm, I think these are meant to be group discussions, Scrat. If someone posts a request for further information, it's not a requirement that only one person can provide it. Perhaps if you want to conduct private, one-on-one communications with a poster, you could try a PM.

Just trying to be helpful here...

You seem to be trying desperately to miss my point. I am pleased that Craven offered me his citation. Getting the information is one part of it, sure. The other--for me--was checking to see if this guy actually knew what he was talking about. So many people here DON'T. They write things they think or have heard and present them as facts and don't expect to be challenged. Can you see the difference between a claim I make turning out to be right and my actually knowing it to be right because I have a factual source for the information which I have consulted and can cite?

And for what it's worth, this being a GROUP discussion, I am not required to limit my questions and reasons for asking them to only those that garner your approval. Were this a private discussion between you and I, that standard might apply. Here it does not. And unless you want to claim you have never asked a specific individual a question here, as opposed to asking the group one, please don't set a standard for me to which you do not hold yourself. Thanks! Cool
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:04 pm
Wilso wrote:
hobitbob wrote:
Often funding for that organization is cut if there is a conservative government, as there is now. In the US "leftist" is seen as a synonym of "communist," "ungdly," "anti-american," "true evil," "satanic," "morality corrupting," etc....

That's how I view the right wing.

That's how I view the government in general & Congress in particular.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:05 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
The ACLU fights for those whose rights are threatened by the gov't. They've always done that, including helping the likes of Nazis who want to march and Rush Limbaugh. Yet blowhards like O'Reilly persist in calling the ACLU the most dangerous organization in America.

When was the last time the stood up for the 2nd amendment?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:55 pm
You need to do a little research, Jarl. You're confusing the ACLU with the NRA, I think...
0 Replies