Post-prandial effect

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:27 am
I'm a 21 yr old male. I experience headache &undue tiredness after taking a carbohydrate meal. Why is this and what's the solution? Note: i was on fluconazole for 6wks late last year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,903 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:00 am
@Sanctified,
Eat less carbohydrate.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 11:24 am
@Sanctified,
You're going to need to give far more information then that.

How much do you weigh? How tall are you? Are you diabetic or on the verge of becoming diabetic? Are you aware of any particular allergies, etc...?

And please keep in mind:
Quote:
C. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the able2know service.

http://able2know.org/about/tos/
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 11:40 am
@Sanctified,
Get your blood sugar levels checked by a doctor. Those are also symptoms for diabetes.

Fluconazole is prescribed to treat fungal infections, including yeast infections. It is also used to treat meningitis. It is in a class of antifungals called triazoles.

Check out this link for a list of possible side effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000890/

If you last took the medication late last year and it is now six months later, I doubt the medication has anything to do with how you are feeling. In any case, you should return to the doctor that prescribed them to you in case your infection has returned.
roger

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 11:41 am
@Sanctified,
The tiredness makes diabetes sound quite possible, but the headaches don't seem to fit the pattern.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 11:45 am
@Sanctified,
Out of curiosity, why did you title your topic "Postprandial effect"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postprandial

Have you already been diagnosed by a doctor?
0 Replies

Sanctified

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 04:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yeah. I already told a doc. about it. Actually i think d fluconazole has something to do wt it since i never experienced the situation before using the drug. They are side effects of the drug. I am not or about to be diabetic. I weigh about 65kg and near 6ft
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 10:30 pm
@Sanctified,
Weight has nothing to do with excluding you from having diabetes. You could also be at the opposite spectrum and be hypoglycemic.

Get your blood sugar levels tested. If you've already seen a doctor, and described the symptoms to him/her as you did here to us, and lab work was not ordered, you need to find another doctor.

Hypoglycemia

Diabetes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:43 am
To his clubfooted child said Lord Stipple,
As he poured his post-prandial tipple,
"Your mother's behaviour
Gave pain to Our Saviour,
And that's why He made you a cripple."

-- Edward Gorey
0 Replies