German Authorities Attempt to Identify "Forest Boy"

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:23 am
@wandeljw,
You crack me up, Wandel!

~
I wish he has stuck it out.
"No, I'm not Robin, who is this Robin?? Wait, it's coming back to me. I used to live in New York City......send me on a plane.....I'll try to see if I remember more."

Joe(I'll need a hotel room and $600.00)Nation
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:36 pm
@Joe Nation,
Unmasked: ‘Forest boy’ a hoax

BERLIN: The forest boy mystery is solved: It's not true.

Berlin police said on Friday that an English-speaking teenage boy allegedly called Ray who wandered into the city nine months ago saying he had been living in the forest for the last five years has been spinning a yarn.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/Unmasked-Forest-boy-a-hoax/articleshow/14167860.cms
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:53 pm
Quote:
BERLIN - On September 5, 2011, a young man speaking English checked in with Berlin authorities saying that his name was “Ray” and that his date of birth was June 20, 1994, which made him 17 – a minor. These two things, the boy claimed, constituted the only information about himself that he remembered aside from the fact that he’d spent the past five years in an unknown forest location with his father “Ryan,” who had died and whom he had buried under some rocks in the forest. His mother “Doreen” had died earlier in a car crash.
German media leapt on the tale, dubbing Ray the “Forest Boy.”
Meanwhile, on September 2, 2011, a missing person alert had been issued in the Netherlands for a 20-year-old Dutch man named Robin van H. from Hengelo. This was the day Robin van H. disappeared in the company of a friend who returned a few days later after their money ran out, saying they had gone to Berlin. Robin van H. sent a letter with no return address to his parents saying that he had decided to stay in Berlin, and for Dutch police the matter was resolved: at 20, Robin van H. was an adult and could live wherever he chose.
After successfully leading Berlin police around for nine months by posing as “Ray,” it has now been established that his real identity is Robin van H. Missing minors enjoy special protection, and “Ray” had declined to cooperate with authorities, refusing to be examined by psychologists, to hold a press conference or have pictures of himself released. Finally, Berlin authorities were able to send out a picture of him last week, which is when his real identity was bound to become quickly apparent.

http://www.worldcrunch.com/berlin-forest-boy-mystery-solved/5673

SERIOUSLY!!??.....the German state was not allowed to figure out who they guy was for 9 MONTHS because he claimed to be 17 and so could legally deprive the state of the right to investigate?

That is seriously fucked up, minors (and those who claim to be) should have fewer rights than adults, not more.
0 Replies