"So, in answer to your question..."

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 12:00 pm
@Foofie,
'tis no wonder you have no one you consider a friend with an outlook such at that as you have just described.
Friendships have to be watered and cared for, you think people carry around a scorecard. (Some people do, I know, but they are nobody's friend.)

Who can you call at 3AM to explain that you are going to be released from the ER in about twenty minutes, that your keys have been lost in the taxi accident you were in about six hours ago and you need a place to lie down until the locksmith arrives at your apartment at about 10AM??

I can name four people, not in my building.

Oh, and ten times that number of people who could call me.

Joe(how about you?)Nation
Thomas

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 12:05 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Foofie and I and Frank and Thomas and Tsar and whoever else would like to be there, will all meet at the Pan in New York.

That is actually a seriously fantastic idea. When? I'd like to wait for the end of the heatwave, but I'm game. I haven't met Frank in half a year, and the Tsar in over a year. This would be wonderful!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 12:49 pm
@Thomas,
lemme know when you're doin' it

not for me Crying or Very sad , but for a friend who moved to NYC for the summer as she got an internship at the Met - I've already recommended the Pan to her - I'd love her to meet some non-artiste types while she's there
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 01:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Ahem.
As both Thomas and Frank can attest, despite both to them living in a place that is rumored to be named Nubegerzee ( I may have the spelling wrong.), everything and everyone on the island of Manhattan is ARISTE.

Going to be in the 70's next week, ya'll.

Who needs their invitations to be engraved?

Joe(we'll etch them on the side of a cold Corona.)Nation
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:44 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Look on this forum. Who the heck is humble???????????

(Dare I say it? Yes, I do ...)

I'm humble. This is one of the reasons why I keep most of my opinions to myself here at A2K. The other reason is because I'm a thin-skinned coward. Mr. Green Don't care for all the personal attacks from people who haven't even met me and don't know me from Adam. Sad Wink

Granted, there are at least a few mean-spirited people in this vast collection of fora. But I'm not referring to Setanta. He's okay just as Dave is okay.

Another doggie named kuvasz once said board messaging isn't for the faint of heart, meaning that personal attacks are the norm. Why must it be this way? Why?
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:56 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Self-centered, entitled, Machiavellian. This might be a result of liberal egalitarian brain washing?

I'm afraid those are universal human constants to be found in just about every society, regardless of whether or not there is any of the brain washing of which you speak.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:01 pm
@wmwcjr,
It's always seemed odd to me. Here's my rule: Never type anything to anybody that you wouldn't say face to face in a crowded bar.

If you type something to me that I know you would be too chickenshit to say to my face in a crowded bar (with the resulting face punch) I thumbdown down your post and put you on ignore.

Several people (no names) are owed punches in the face as far as I am concerned.

Hey, I'm organizing a meet-up in New York!!

Joe(no ulterior motives)Nation Laughing

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 04:21 pm
@Joe Nation,
Greetings, Mister Nation! Smile I would never intend upon saying anything to anyone that was personally insulting. The problem is, of course (as you no doubt already know), some people have difficulty tolerating those with whom they disagree, especially in the realm of politics and religious controversies or pertaining to anything else they deem to be sacred. In other words, most people already have their minds made up, regardless of the topic, and will not be receptive to a different point of view, no matter how innocuous or sensibly expressed. But I do enjoy reading online spats, just as long as wit is employed instead of nothing but simple-minded vulgarity or the creation of new words with the innovative -tard suffix. (Does that sound like a formerly active member of these fora?)

I appreciate your notice of the upcoming gathering of able A2K members in New York City. I regret to say that I won't be available, as I live half a continent away and am currently obligated by certain family commitments that I must keep. If I lived in the state or in one of the bordering ones, then I'd make arrangements to attend this festive gathering. I trust you all will have a good time. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 06:08 pm
@Foofie,
Don't feed foof.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 08:46 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
The simple way is to send Robert Gentel a message to confirm that Miller and I are not the same person. He is an Administrator, I thought.

That seems easy enough.

As I mentioned, Robert quickly exposed OccomBill and JustBrooke in some distant sock puppetry.

Eva

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 08:54 pm
@Joe Nation,
A meet-up in NYC? Really? When? If possible, I would love to be there...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:03 pm
@JTT,
O'Bill and Justbrooke are two different people though....we know O'Bill from facebook and people have met him. Brooke is known too, so they are not one and the same person.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
I've met O'Bill in Chicago, and so did Eva.
What is the question?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Read what JTT wrote...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:51 pm
Sorry, I don't get it.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:59 pm
So, what else is new?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Well George, I know that you're real Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:17 am
Yeah, but real what?
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:49 am
@Setanta,
You'd be surprised how much you'd like him in person, Setanta.
He's this jolly Irish catholic man who laughs a lot and has a great sense of humor. His online presence and how he is in actual life don't match at times.
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:55 am
@CalamityJane,
I'm sure i would. I understand the disconnect between online ranting and real life.