Joe(don't tell me)Nation

Google "making a sock puppet."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 07:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

wow, thanks for pointing this out, Setanta. I would have never guessed that
Foofie and Miller are one person, especially since Miller isn't around that much any longer. Remarkable!

Go back into long term memory. During the run up to the 2008 election, when Hillary was still the presumptive candidate, I believe I remember that she was posting positive thoughts about Hillary. I Foofie voted for McCain.

When I first came on board, she did mention that she was Sephardic, I believe. I believe she also alluded to a belief in her faith (most Sephardim are orthodox). I, as you know, am an atheist, even though of Ashkenazi background.

But, believe what you want. Miller is still on threads.
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 07:32 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
As I think I mentioned, I started noticing this phenomenon only in the past year or so.

Did it leap out at you when you first encountered it?

Quote:
I hear it frequently on NPR, where it is often a feature of the speech patterns of younger reporters and commentators.

Have you ever had it in a face to face conversation?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 07:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
That's assuming that you think Setanta's right, CJ. That's not a wise thing to jump to.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 07:44 pm
@Setanta,
Why do you come here specifically to mess up Joe's thread, Set?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 08:20 pm
@roger,
most people thought Lady Plushbottom was really General Lee

Laughing
oolongteasup

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 11:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
socj poppet are sock puppets bound to abound
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 11:32 pm
@ehBeth,
That was generally believed, wasn't it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:53 am
@Foofie,
Just yesterday afternoon, you were asking who Miller is, as though you were uncertain--suddenly you have detailed knowledge of Miller, and that detailed knowledge keeps expanding, now to include Miller's point of view during the presidential primaries.

Foofie wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You're not fooling anyone, Miller.

Are you making reference to the poster that is female and sometimes makes posts about health policy, and related issues?

In under an hour, you went from being uncertain who Miller is, to knowing where she lives and what her putative ethnic background is--now you're adding a knowledge of Miller's political point of view when yesterday afternoon you weren't even sure who Miller is.

You're just not keeping the tissue of lies together, Miller--i'ts going to pieces on you.
Foofie

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:37 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Just yesterday afternoon, you were asking who Miller is, as though you were uncertain--suddenly you have detailed knowledge of Miller, and that detailed knowledge keeps expanding, now to include Miller's point of view during the presidential primaries.

Foofie wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You're not fooling anyone, Miller.

Are you making reference to the poster that is female and sometimes makes posts about health policy, and related issues?

In under an hour, you went from being uncertain who Miller is, to knowing where she lives and what her putative ethnic background is--now you're adding a knowledge of Miller's political point of view when yesterday afternoon you weren't even sure who Miller is.

You're just not keeping the tissue of lies together, Miller--i'ts going to pieces on you.

It is called a "senior moment." I have no excuse for getting older.

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:49 am
@Foofie,
Sure, Miller . . . whatever you say.
Foofie

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:55 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Sure, Miller . . . whatever you say.

Why don't I get a Bubba?

You might be dealing with Foofie Identity Confusion (FIC). It was endemic amongst many in NYC in the 1950's, especially in the outer boroughs.

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:18 am
@Foofie,
If you say so, Miller . . .
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:22 am
I know how we can settle this:
Foofie and I and Frank and Thomas and Tsar and whoever else would like to be there, will all meet at the Pan in New York.
We will made arrangements for Miller to post us on Able2Know during the meet-up.

Foofie and she will have a conversation. He can use my iPHone.

Thrilling.

Joe(and there will be beer)Nation

What's your schedule like this summer, foofie?

Foofie

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:24 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

If you say so, Miller . . .

You are having fun, I hope.
Foofie

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:30 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I know how we can settle this:
Foofie and I and Frank and Thomas and Tsar and whoever else would like to be there, will all meet at the Pan in New York.
We will made arrangements for Miller to post us on Able2Know during the meet-up.

Foofie and she will have a conversation. He can use my iPHone.

Thrilling.

Joe(and there will be beer)Nation

What's your schedule like this summer, foofie?

The simple way is to send Robert Gentel a message to confirm that Miller and I are not the same person. He is an Administrator, I thought.

I don't do meet-ups. I have been asocial for decades. I live in a small world of some acquaintances, and no friends. I think this orientation is the result of either downward mobility, or poor parenting exacerbated by early parental divorce, or perhaps even a degree of high functioning autism (not Asperger's).

When I die, you will find me in a veteran's cemetary. I do not believe Miller is a veteran.
Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:32 am
@Foofie,
I'm sure you're right, Miller . . .
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:35 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
and no friends.

<including here?>

Joe(what are we, chopped liver?)Nation
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:41 am
This is so amusing and entertaining to follow. Smile
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:46 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Quote:
and no friends.

<including here?>

Joe(what are we, chopped liver?)Nation

Correct. I subscribe to the theory that most friends are just "friendly competitors." For example, two women are friends, and then one of the women has a daughter that gets a scholarship to a big named university. That is a critical point. The friendship can whither at that point, since the basis of the friendship was really the women both having daughters that were sort of peers. However, when one daughter "laps" the other daughter, the correct face saving maneuver is to let the friendship whither.

Plus, I find most friends to ultimately show themselves to be "false friends." I think that is caused by the society we now live in. Self-centered, entitled, Machiavellian. This might be a result of liberal egalitarian brain washing? How can one trust someone that doesn't know their place in society? Look on this forum. Who the heck is humble??????????? I think a few people are. A few women. Men? I'll look harder. You might be humble. So be wary. The wolves love humble people.