Side Effects?

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:39 am
I read some of the side effects (of deprovera) in the forum, but I just want to know if anyone knows a full list of them. Most I have heard about is no period or heavy bleeding, but my doctor also mentioned "break-through" bleeding, and I was wondering if anyone ever experienced it. Because that is the side effect which I have gained does anyone know anything about this side effect? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,973 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:56 am
crystal_ann - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Here's the list of Depo-Provera side effects.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/depoprovera_ad.htm
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:49 pm
Phoenix, did you drop a link somewhere?
0 Replies

acprice

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:11 am
depo - NEW FINDINGS
My doctor recently informed me that depo, over a period of time, causes bone deterioration or osteoperosis. He said that it takes several years for this to happen, but I've already been on it for 2 years. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions to a SAFE birthcontrol method? Does the patch really work? Or do is the pill the safest way to go?
0 Replies

ferguson

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 07:59 pm
depo
I have been on the depo shot for 5 years and my goddaughter informed me this afternoon after she returned from her appt to get her depo that our health department isnt giving out the depo shot any more I understand that alot off people have had side affects and some have trouble having periods and have trouble trying to get pregnant after taking the depo shot but in my case i have always been very little and the depo keeps some weight on me i look much better and I have three kids 16 14 6 I dont plan on having any more alot off people say to get my tubes cut and tied but I want the choice to be mine so I am very upset that I wont be givin the choice about my birth control for myself I choose the depo shot. thankyou FERGUSON
0 Replies

vasweet47

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 05:13 pm
DEPO SHOTS AND BLOOD CLOTS
ANYONE OUT THERE TAKING THIS POISON, PLEASE STOP. MY FRIEND WHO IS ONLY 31 YEARS OLD HAS DEVELOPED CLOTS ALL OVER HER BODY FROM THIS INSANE DRUG. SHE IS NOW IN A VEGATATIVE STATE DUE TO A CLOT BREAKING LOOSE AND TRAVELING TO HER HEART AND LUNGS. SHE WILL NEVER BE WELL AGAIN. SHE HAS NO FAMILY HISTORY OF CLOTS AND SHE DIDNT SMOKE AT ALL. ANOTHER FRIENDS DAUGHTER WHO IS 20 IS IN THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW FIGHTING BLOOD CLOTS FROM THIS CRAP.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....IF YOU TAKE THIS POISON, STOP.
AVOIDING 5-6 DAYS OF BLEEDING ISNT WORTH YOUR LIFE.

0 Replies