Why are people hopeful for the cure for AIDS?

Val Killmore

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:42 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
A cure is what everyone wants, but it is highly improbable when the pathogen multiplies to the level of calling it AIDS.

Sorry ot hear you have HIV, yes, the current medicine is known on average too keep HIV at bay for approximately quarter to half a century. I hope you're one of those long-term non-progressors.

But I say it's mentally unhealthy to believe in a cure, when diagnosed with AIDS. Broken hopes that are kept dear to the heart hurts the most.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:48 am
@Val Killmore,
naaah...a level of reasonable belief can be healthy...of course more then that yes might be worst...still none justify the way you conducted a sensible subject like this...I want to believe you didn't intend it...you were just trying to rationalize it and went to far.
0 Replies

Isabela

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 02:24 pm
@Val Killmore,
because there is no such technique that resolve this problem from the deepest inside. Its a very bad disease and also spread from one to others.
0 Replies

MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 04:29 am
@Val Killmore,
Well you are correct that we will all someday die and return to the nothingness that we were before we lived, but you are mistaken if you honestly believe that names like Einstein and Martin Luther King jr. will be forgetten. Throughout our history, we have been documenting events and we hole the oldest documents to be of most value. We are able to learn from our past and influntial thinkers of the past will be forever remembered because of their influence on society. Let's say Socrated, Plato, Aristotle, Cicero, Xenophon, and many more. I admire your realistic outlook on life when it comes to death because your correct on that point, but you are completely wrong when it comes to historical figures.
Val Killmore

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 05:11 pm
@MoralPhilosopher23,
Not to barge in rudely, but I say what are the chance that you or I will become historical figures, let alone famous. Who knows you may be some famous individual, but I am not. I could care less about fame, I'll be just as happy to live with good health until my last breath, and to go as I came, remembered by a few for some time.

And about these historical figures, the period of time that such names and their deeds that will be remembered is not guaranteed to last forever. All it takes is some wild act of nature, on the scale of what killed dinosaur to wipe out most of the knowledge base of our history. A very small chance, I know, but I hope I made the point clear that nothing is guaranteed in life.
Torii

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:47 pm
@Val Killmore,
People, they are quite fickle as you can see.

It seems you can become famous for a day if you act, dress, and "look" the part.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 07:59 pm
Aids will be beaten, eventually. I just don't understand the defeatism of this thread. It's like giving up without trying. Like committing suicide to avoid the struggle of being human. Might as well end it all now as to go along with such an attitude.
Val Killmore

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's just not the cure. It also has to do with money.
At this moment in time, there not enough resources to provide adequate healthcare to every person with AIDS in this world, and it is doubtful that we will reach such a point in the near future. We cannot leave the cost of healthcare out of our objective statements.

Currently Generic drug producers come in to the picture only when a drug patent expires. For the 20 years that anti-retroviral drugs were patent-protected AIDS cases kept on increasing. When cheaper generics, especially from india, started entering the African markets the benefits became immediately visible.
Then one may ask what is the point in spending billions in R&D developing a drug and then pricing it in a way that the majority of those who need the drug can't afford it? You see there is a fundamental flaw in the business models of big pharma companies.

If I was in the position of friend I was fortunate to meet, I wouldn't be too hopeful of the situation. And although a patient with my outlook on life sees the reality and takes the matter at hand at face value, and not dwell on fantasies, that doesn't mean the scientific community shouldn't give up, rather it will not, because as they see it there is much to profit from such a discovery.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:19 pm
@Val Killmore,
I can only conclude that you are in a desperate situation and have given up.
Val Killmore

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, it is more of a feeling you get when people tell you they believe the creationism story. It's just inconsistent with the current observable facts, and it bugs you.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:25 pm
@Val Killmore,
I understand being bugged by such tripe, but there is no reason to assume aids cannot be beaten.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 04:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Man shut your positive ass up and don't you be going around giving people false hopes. I wanna be the King of Saudia Arabia but that don't mean I can ever be one.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:21 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Go to hell you ******* asshole.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I will when my time has come ************. I'll be sure to rape your mom when I get there.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:45 pm
what makes you think you'll be able to commit rape in hell?
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:52 pm
@thack45,
I'm just playing along bubba. In hell I'd imagine everything immoral is possible. Christians believe that everybody rapes each other in hell, and I think they also believe initiation into hell is started by being raped by the devil himself, so rape is a possibility.
Wanna be my rape buddy if the Christians are right and somehow in the afterlife you are in hell?
Keith424

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:57 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
This idiot is another reason why people stay away from this forum, there is a time for censorship, not everything should be okay to post. People don't want to participate in a forum message boards that allow this kind ob bullshit.
aspvenom

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:58 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Are you sure you don't have bipolar disorder?

When I go and checkout your history of everything you have written, most of it's just rude or simply crazy or just plain sick.
Keith424

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:59 pm
@aspvenom,
It doesn't matter what he's got, he can always post it here, or so it seems.
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:18 pm
@Keith424,
Calm down Muthafucka I'm just playing around so don't you go around being Mr. serious. I mean you go out the street and you hear cussing you gonna censor them too?

What you gonna censor this kid too.

Each person individual is the person should decide what they see and what they don't, as far as I'm concerned, because I ain't gonna go around dictating what you or others can or can't see so what gives you the right to do it. It's just unamerican. what about freedom of speech?