Why are people hopeful for the cure for AIDS?

Val Killmore

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 04:04 pm
@L1n1o,
Don't worry about my child hood, it is none of your business.

And regarding your logic, now I see why many people play the lottery.
I guess I'm in grave danger, I better pick up the Mega million and some Lottos and some scratch of tickets so that I don't aim too low.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 04:17 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
What can you accomplish with a crippling body?

hope..

Quote:
meet a slow painful death,

fear..

Why not use other words, Cancer, plane crash.... People live in hope and fear, but everyone has the right to try, to seek, to find and to live...

Why take that away from this woman? She wants to try, to seek, to find, to live and you just felt sorry for her, didn't want to tell her what? There is none? See how we as humans are all different in the way we see things in life?

I bet it was the way she 'looked' that got you, and fear came in...for you that is.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 08:14 pm
@Val Killmore,
...Oh mate...so you are miss informed on the subject as you me and the entire solar system will end up in a nebulosa some day...this is not about irony either but rather about the typical dreams of grandeur like being Cleopatra or Napoleon in the other life...
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 09:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Don't be too sure buddy, what if your particles get sucked into a black hole, never to return again, lets say the black hole at the center of our galaxy, or a nearby star in the galaxy that will super nova and transition into a black hole.

No partaking in the grandeur of a nebula for you if you meet a black hole first...
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 09:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No Comment...
0 Replies

G H

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:30 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
If I had AIDS, I would accept it, and after my immune system is disintegrated by the virus, and it comes to constant torture until I died an ugly death, I'd definitely put myself out of the misery as quickly as possible, rather than take some pills to control AIDS and live maybe 10 or 15 more years in pain. And ending your life like that is not necessarily being a quitter or a loser, it's just escaping constant pain, and side effects of the drugs, and doing my loved ones a favor. I wouldn't want to burden people having to care for me, loved ones feeling helpless watching me suffer.

Greg Huberscaw: "...It takes decades of celibate, friendless bachelorhood to retain the freedom or flexible choices of youth. Even in senior years you may unexpectedly acquire new responsibilities, such as becoming the guardian of grandchildren, thanks to their meth-head deadbeat parents. One of the latter being that extra, last-minute son you should never have sired at age forty, just because the somewhat younger wife pleaded for another round of motherhood. Yes, you eventually quit loner-ville and got seduced by the accumulating complications of life. And there you are in the end having to stick around and endure the medical misery of fighting cancer, because those cute grandkids need you, in addition to god-knows how many other social commitments, business obligations, and cognate dependencies you got yourself tangled-up in along the way. Dumbass." --Pete Flannerick Interviews ___
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 02:27 am
@Val Killmore,
Now there's an highly unlikely event...possible but unlikely.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 02:30 am
@G H,
Perfect! And perfect timing...I am impressed!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 02:30 am
@G H,
Perfect! And perfect timing...I am impressed!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 04:51 am
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
I'll tell you this, that sentence cracked me up a bit.
You are welcome to your viewpoint. As a personal observation, I am very glad that I do not share it.

I by the way, have always been happily insane Smile
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:55 am
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
I mean even if you find a cure, the HIV will mutate, and bypass the defenses set up by the drugs.

Not necessarily. Some diseases have been wiped out or almost wiped out.
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:17 am
@Val Killmore,
My latest ambition is to scratch my earhole.

For all we know there is a cure for aids in nature. There are many ailments and illnesses that can be cured with natural medicine better than with what the medical industry produces. That's why organizations like the UN want to outlaw it's use.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 11:30 am
@parados,
...by the same line of reasoning he indulges in, we all better kill ourselves once we all are going to die anyway...how linear is that argument...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 11:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I apologise for the duplicate above, it was send from a mobile phone, no clue on what happened...
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Some physicists say to just give it three to four billion years, before Andromeda galaxy collides with ours, with a very big possibility of creating a black hole...
Val Killmore

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No, I'm saying ground your hope in reality....

My statement regarding taking out my life in the later stages of AIDS is my prerogative, I'm not pushing it down's anybody's throat to emulate me...
Val Killmore

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:45 pm
@G H,
If I had to choose cancer or AIDS, I'd choose cancer....

Some cancers have good prognosis, while with AIDS, well you're damned, it isn't something you can survive through or be cured of.

It's like would you rather be hit by a bus or thrown in to a 4000 rpm propeller blades of an aircraft. I'll take the bus any day with that option, thank you.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:00 pm
@Val Killmore,
So what ? Galaxy's collisions are not about big Hollywood explosions..a collision happens in millions of years, is a slow process, and mostly will simply eject matter out of its well laid trajectory's, now real collisions will be fairly rare...as for the big black hole we simply might have a merge of both central black holes from each Galaxy, so given that, the number will in fact decrease...besides the "kill zone" of a black hole, the event horizon, is short considering the dimensions of galaxy's and the space between stars...you have more odds of going into a nebulae becoming part of a star and going back to another nebulae a couple of times before you encounter a black hole.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:05 pm
@Val Killmore,
...your prerogative indeed, but mind yourself that life is messy whatever you do, your best mature choice being dealing with it instead of quitting...anyway lets just hope you don't have to put to test your own words regarding your reaction to fatal diseases such as Cancer AIDS and the likes...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:18 pm
Meantime I have, as I mentioned, a friend diagnosed with full blow aids in the late eighties. He quit his excellent career and prepared to die.

He is still with us all, very tentative at first. At this point he is head of an ecologic + community type organization for a large area, in some ways more advanced than the advanced stuff he was working on when he got the decimating news. I could describe more, you'd get it, most of you, but I don't want to identify him. Maybe in other contexts, but not this one.

He is a fighter and has done a huge amount of good for others in these intervening years.

Plus he sends me mad cartoons, though not so much lately, too busy.

Oh, he is far from rich.
0 Replies