How to men in love act?

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 01:44 am
I am told that a man in love shows it more than says it. He will devote his time to you. Like sometimes choosing you over a guys night or going shopping with you when its not his favorite thing in the world. He will text you all the time and ask you things of substance not just 'hey what sup'. He will fix things for you, buy things, surprise you and just in general go out of his way to show affection.

Honestly, I personally think a man in love, especially a man newly in love is one of the most adorable things in the world.

Anyway, there is a very special someone who I have been seeing and I am falling for him fast, if not already completely fallen head over heels. So, Ive got that part straight, but I'm not sure about him. He does the stereotypical adorable things men in love do. He acts like a lead actor out of a romantic film. He does all those cute, romantic things people tell you are unrealistic and not to expect from ur man. At first, I was like--this is great!! Then I realized he has more or less been like this since we met and after I realized that it got me to thinking....maybe thats just the way he is. Maybe he is just a romantic, affectionate, guy at heart and is has little to do with being in love.

Since we first met he has always liked to cuddle and lay in bed with me, he texts me every morning (and I absolutely love that I get to wake up to something from him....it makes makes me smile every time), if I miss him and ask him to Skype with me late at night hell do it even if he's really tired, he apologizes when he is wrong (for me this is a big deal because a lot of men I know do not like to seem 'weak' and apologize...and like to blame women for everything), etc, etc--all these great things. This is all absolutely wonderful but him being like this since we met makes me wonder if this is just the type of guy he is regardless of who he is with.

Things started off FULL BLAST with us. There was no gradual increase of affection. Dont get me wrong, things do just get better and better. Our connection deepens all the time. If we were on full blast before were like on super durbo turbo speed now. We have crazy energy between the two of us and it feels incredible. Literally, like nothing I have ever felt before.

I have never been in love. Its nothing I am ashamed of I actually embrace it. It makes me know that when I actually ready to say it to someone it will be amazingly sincere, sacred, and special. Dont get me wrong, Ive dated ALOT of guys so its not for lack of experience that I have never been in love. I am just not that stereotypical socialized woman that feels any encounter with a guy has to end in love or mean something 'special'. I have always been a go with the flow type. And thats how I prefer it, it makes me feel free and uncomplicated. So anyways, me feeling this way about a guy...so uncharacteristic makes me feel its the real thing. But who knows...its too soon to tell. I would like some insight on what you think of the guy though. Basically the question is, If a guy in love acts in all these wonderful ways I expressed in my first paragraph....and there is a guy who has acted that way since he first met you...does that mean he is not in love and thats just how he is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 5,746 • Replies: 14
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 02:43 am
@ForbiddenGarden,
Quote:
I am told that a man in love shows it more than says it. He will devote his time to you. Like sometimes choosing you over a guys night or going shopping with you when its not his favorite thing in the world. He will text you all the time and ask you things of substance not just 'hey what sup'. He will fix things for you, buy things, surprise you and just in general go out of his way to show affection.

Honeymoon stage Smile But, I think quite accurate at the beginning of a relationship.. But, it's also based on how you make him feel.

Quote:
Honestly, I personally think a man in love, especially a man newly in love is one of the most adorable things in the world.
Me too Smile 2 and a half years later and he's still doing all the above...

Quote:
Anyway, there is a very special someone who I have been seeing and I am falling for him fast, if not already completely fallen head over heels. So, Ive got that part straight, but I'm not sure about him. He does the stereotypical adorable things men in love do. He acts like a lead actor out of a romantic film. He does all those cute, romantic things people tell you are unrealistic and not to expect from ur man. At first, I was like--this is great!! Then I realized he has more or less been like this since we met and after I realized that it got me to thinking....maybe thats just the way he is. Maybe he is just a romantic, affectionate, guy at heart and is has little to do with being in love.

Don't confuse yourself. In time as you get to know him you will ascertain if that is him by nature, or, if it's that lust, honeymoon stage.. Ask yourself though if he is this way by nature, then do you not see that he is passionate by nature? And, therefore, he will always be passionate about you, romantic and affectionate.. Love "has" to play a part in that... Or there is no passion.

Quote:
Since we first met he has always liked to cuddle and lay in bed with me, he texts me every morning (and I absolutely love that I get to wake up to something from him....it makes makes me smile every time), if I miss him and ask him to Skype with me late at night hell do it even if he's really tired, he apologizes when he is wrong (for me this is a big deal because a lot of men I know do not like to seem 'weak' and apologize...and like to blame women for everything), etc, etc--all these great things. This is all absolutely wonderful but him being like this since we met makes me wonder if this is just the type of guy he is regardless of who he is with.

I think he's smitten and I think you are over reading things.. If you like what he does then isn't that what you were after in a Man?

Quote:
Things started off FULL BLAST with us. There was no gradual increase of affection. Dont get me wrong, things do just get better and better. Our connection deepens all the time. If we were on full blast before were like on super durbo turbo speed now. We have crazy energy between the two of us and it feels incredible. Literally, like nothing I have ever felt before.

You be in love and is scared Smile

Quote:
I have never been in love.

Yes you have, now.....Smile

Quote:
Its nothing I am ashamed of I actually embrace it. It makes me know that when I actually ready to say it to someone it will be amazingly sincere, sacred, and special.

Dont get me wrong, Ive dated ALOT of guys so its not for lack of experience that I have never been in love.

I am just not that stereotypical socialized woman that feels any encounter with a guy has to end in love or mean something 'special'.

I have always been a go with the flow type. And thats how I prefer it, it makes me feel free and uncomplicated.

So anyways, me feeling this way about a guy...so uncharacteristic makes me feel its the real thing.

But who knows...its too soon to tell. I would like some insight on what you think of the guy though.

Basically the question is, If a guy in love acts in all these wonderful ways I expressed in my first paragraph....and there is a guy who has acted that way since he first met you...does that mean he is not in love and thats just how he is?

From experience? And, I be alot older than you, naturally been through lust, been through honey moon stages, been through ahh na, not it... If he is the same as he was when you met, you can bet he is smitten and I can tell that you are in love.. So, stop over -analyzing...go with it and enjoy it...and be happy.

You know we meet people in life.. For a reason, a season or a lifetime.

We don't have crystal balls? We can't ascertain if "he is it" until WE KNOW... And, you will know.. Just keep going down the road you are going and don't rock the boat.. Love being in-love...

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 02:56 am
Men are far more likely to "show" their affection than to talk about it. That creates a problem for you, though, because you have to be able to understand when what your man does is, in his opinion, extraordinary. So, for example, if he never does the laundry, yet when you come home one day, you find that he has done the laundry, and has even folded it and put it away--he'll think both that that was an extraordinary effort on his part (even if you think he should do the laundry more often), and that he's shown his love for you. Many men must can't get over the hurdle of saying i love you, especially if you have just said it.

So if you come home and fail to notice that he's done the laundry, he'll feel hurt. If he brings it up, and your response is something like, "Oh . . . yeah . . . thanks."--he'll feel slighted. If your response is something like "It's about damned time!"--he'll be hurt, feel slighted and he'll be angry. It doesn't matter that you think he should do it more often, from his point of view, he went out of his way so he could show his affection for you.

Relationships are really hard work. The biggest problem for men and women is understanding the things their lover doesn't talk about.
jespah

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:07 am
@Setanta,
C'mon, Set! Doesn't every guy act exactly alike? You know, like women do? That way, we can just write a formula and be done with this communications nonsense.

PS Yanno what I got for our 20th wedding anniversary? I got a new alternator for the car (we also went to Cape Cod, but we go every year). It may not be pretty, but I don't get stranded on the side of the road.

I don't wear jewelry; I rarely wear perfume. I don't get spa treatments, and the extent of our expensive vacations/indulgences is Cape Cod and Red Sox or Celtics tickets. The alternator was an awesome gift, when you get right down to it. It keeps me safe. It helps me do what I need to do.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:42 am
@jespah,
Gawd, for my 40th I got a bike helmet? WT? Your gift was so much more thoughtful , safe.... My "fiance" is buying me a rose bush for my birthday this month and me him, we'll plant it in our "new home" and watch them grow... That's what we decided, instead of expensive carp that doesn't mean as much.

jespah

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Your bike helmet also keeps you safe. Mr. FS loves your brain. Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 04:54 am
@jespah,
Ex husband Smile Let me wear it once Smile Then wanted to ride it on his own Wink

But good thought , true...Must admit this one spoils me, hense the something that MEANS something...Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:08 am
How did this get to be a discussion of gifts? Are you two hinting . . . i can't help ya, i'm broke.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:36 am
@Setanta,
You could do the laundry.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:38 am
If you say so, Bubba . . .
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:39 am
@Setanta,
Roses thanks... June Baby 19th.. Virtual is fine by me.. It cost NUTHING.... Smile
Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
That's The Girl's birthday . . . i think you'll understand that my thoughts will be elsewhere . . .
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:58 am
@Setanta,
Really ? Going to remember that with an E.... Smilep
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:01 am
@ForbiddenGarden,
ForbiddenGarden wrote:

more adorable than a kitten

i don't know

i can remember acting like a total douche whenever i was newly in love
djjd62

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:07 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i can remember acting like a total douche whenever i was newly in love

then again, maybe i'm just always newly in love Wink
0 Replies