Get my puppy a nice shirt

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 03:31 am
It is half a year male puppy, It is a little fat and give him a nice shirt this summer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 11
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 03:48 am
@space007,
It's a toy dog?

Who cares what sex it is..

If it's fat, go and see a Vet and work out how to feed it correctly.

And, dogs don't dress up, let me put a pink dress on you how would you feel?

My answer is NO.
jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:19 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I can see a shirt or the like for the winter. Greyhounds, in particular, get really cold. There is also a thing called a thundershirt, used to help calm dogs. I've talked to dog owners and a lot of them swear by it.

But for the summer? No. Dogs have enough trouble cooling their bodies to begin with.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:25 am
@jespah,
Sorry Jes.. Saw a thread on a dead cat and thought negative...

I've never heard of a thundershirt ? I'd like to know more, my 16.5 year old Pomeradian may benefit fromt that.

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:37 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I haven't owned a dog in years but I belong to the Boston Terriers group on FB. A lot of them swear by it (dunno pricing, sorry).
http://www.thundershirt.com
Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 06:43 am
@jespah,
I'll be getting a Thundershirt soon for Brady. He's that Border Collie in my avatar-picture. He's thunder-phobic and we live in the thunder capital of the US.
jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 07:04 am
@Ragman,
Please let us know how it works out.

And pats for Brady! Smile
Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 07:10 am
@jespah,
Yeah, and when the lightning and thunder happens, he drools (think almost St-Bernard-like) and then shakes due to his nerves. Typically, he has a towel under him. Fortunately, the season so far hasn't been as active recently, but it's on the increase. We had 2 storms last week but they were shorter and milder.

I'll let you know as I'll be ordering it soon. In the meanwhile, I hug him and cradle him like a baby. Not so easy with a 60+ lber.

Woof woof!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 03:57 pm
@jespah,
All we have here is "coats" that look simular obviously just to keep them warm, although I think they look silly and Missy certainly has tried one (once) I'll try to find the photo, she looked cute as but you know...

But, at 16.5 she's constantly anxious and it is winter, so I'll investigate at this end of the World and see if it helps her. Thanks Smile

Ragman, my Husky does the same thing, she hates thunder............straight for her Mom.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 04:05 pm
@jespah,
That's true, Jes, re the cooling.
Never heard of the thunder shirt. A certain Katy dog does not like thunder - but not to the level of freaking out. She tries to warn it away.
roger

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 05:16 pm
@ossobuco,
I knew a rooster that was the same with the sun.

He thought it came up in the morning because he said "Cock a Doodle Do". I know people the same way.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 07:04 am
@jespah,
Another nasty t-storm right now. Not a pretty sight. I'm taking my own sweatshirt and putting it on the dog to see what he does. Mebbe if that doesn't fit I'll try my bathrobe and wrap it around him?
0 Replies