Conflict of interest when it comes to stalker relative

nmkelly

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 09:22 am
I have been having problems with my sister- in law. She has done ceazy things to target me for no aparent reason. I am a stay at home mom married to her husbands twin brother. She is a very jealous person and a continuing liar. just some things she has done:
- living in the same building she has shut off main breaker to the electricity knowing I am home with a newborn and a three year old with no car on three separate occasions
- also shut the hot water heater
- breaking into my house numerous times to go through my computer and belongings (actually have her on video breaking in and looking through thr laptop)
- hacking into my email.(tracked her IP address, have perfect proof)
- hacked into my facebook and getting rid of my childrens photosfrom their whole lives, (this hurt me the most, cannot get them back. also tracked her IPaddress and she confessed)
I have all this proof and my husbands family keeps saying there is no way they can accept cops getting involved. They say family matters and all they keep saying is to consider that she has a psychological problem and needs help, and also to consider that her husband i losing his mind and to consider the kids. This is rediculous. What the hell do I do? I do not want trouble with my husband who is best friends with his brother. Is there a way I can scare her or what are consequences to all of these crimes?

i may also add that we are supposed to be moving in with mother in law to save tons of money and so this is held over my head.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,744 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 09:36 am
I'd tell her that you will be calling the police. This is harassment. Then do it.
nmkelly

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:10 am
@Ceili,
I have it held over my head the relationship betwen my husband and his twin as well as moving inwith mother in law to save $800 a month. this is the toughest situation.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:27 am
@nmkelly,
It is up to you. If you want, for the sake of family peace, to accept breaking and entering as well as harassment, that is your choice. Her acts are CRIMINAL. If it were me, I would get the police involved. Your SIL is definitely out of control, and over time, if the behavior is not stopped, it will most probably escalate.

I understand the conflict that you have, with the addition of becoming beholden to your MIL. It is a sticky situation. But saying that, it appalls me that your husband would allow you to be put under this constant stress because of a mentally ill sister-in-law. I think that you need to talk to him about HIS priorities.

Quote:
I have all this proof and my husbands family keeps saying there is no way they can accept cops getting involved.

This is an issue between you and your husband, period. IMO, if it were me, I would keep the family out of it. You might want to consider not moving in with your MIL. It may be rough financially, but having someone STEALING your things is much worse.

Is there any way that you might stay where you are, and take a part time job to make up the financial difference? And definitely change your locks.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:06 pm
I don't think I would want to move in with your MIL where her daughter will probably have even more free access to you and your stuff. It's not right that they hold this over your head and your husband should be taking your side not theirs. I can understand him not wanting to strain things with his brother, but what the hell? Can your husband talk to his brother and have him get his wife under control? This behavior is scary and and seems like it is escalating. What are you supposed to wait for? Her to harm you or one of your children??
Mame

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 01:09 am
@Aldistar,
I agree, and with all the others. Things are just getting worse, not better, and your husband knows it's her, not you.

Change your locks. Don't move in with your mother-in-law - she's obviously not supporting you. The thing is, it doesn't matter WHY your sister-in-law is doing it, everybody is just pretending it's not happening or that you should overlook it.

Get a backbone and tell her to stop it, right now! Tell her you will go to the police. And tell your husband you demand his support. His relationship with his brother has already withstood the stuff his wife has done. It will withstand whatever you decide to do.
0 Replies