Can I convert pdf documents into word just using adobe?

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 09:53 am
I'm writting my paper and need to extract some paragraph out of pdf materials, but the pdf can not be copied, so I need to convert them to word so that I can edit the text. They said pdf can be saved as word document using adobe so I don’t have to use another tool, but I have no idea how to operate it, there seems no a button to click to change the format? Anyone have the experience? Thanks so much!!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 4,727 • Replies: 8
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 01:43 pm
@JohnMille,
Maybe you just need to update your Adobe Reader. Text in PDF's should very well be copied and pasted on a PC and other formats as well.

I can imagine that Adobe has a PDF to Word document feature but not in its Adobe Reader program but I guarantee you'll need the paid version of the Adobe program one needs in order to create PDF documents in the first place. AKA its not the same program as Adobe Reader which is a free download by Adobe used ONLY to read PDF documents.
0 Replies

JessEldridge

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:22 pm
Yes off course you can do it by Adobe. In fact you can convert PDF to text via adobe acrobat reader because generally is for editing PDF files; Just you have to follow some steps:
• Go to the Reader panel "File" option
• Then “Save as" the PDF document as "Text" or "Word"
But as the PDF file is secured, you need to unlock PDF first then you can save the PDF as "Word" or "Text".

You can also use some other online tools to convert PDF to Word. There are lots of tools available on internet. You can use any one of them.
artdba

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 06:00 pm
@JessEldridge,
Hi, can you give us the URL address for one or more of these sites. I'm trying to fill in a pdf form which doesn't give me the option of writing.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 01:40 am
Oddly, I did an Adobe update yesterday, and Adobe was offering to convert to Word via internet. One might find the Adobe site and scan for that topic.
0 Replies

AgiliRon

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 12:54 am
@JohnMille,
Hello Friends,

There’s a easy and free way, just go to docs.google.com, click the upload button to upload your pdf file. Remember to check the option "Convert text from PDF or image files to Google Docs documents " before you click the “start upload” button. After the upload is done you can find the converted file on your Google Docs, now copy the texts to an empty word file, done! With this method you can also convert pdf to ppt if you copy the converted tsts to your empty ppt file.
Or you can simply use a PDF to word converter which will save you a lot of time and trouble. Oh and If you’re using mac there should be a different tool. To find out how to convert pdf to word for mac you can also go to adobe’s website to ask for help.

Best Regards
agiliron
0 Replies

jessicatnr

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:12 pm
@JohnMille,
google for conver pdf to doc format there are couple of good softwares out there
0 Replies

calvinmarky

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:31 pm
@JohnMille,
You should also use Kernel for PDF to Word converter software that is more efficient tool to convert PDF file format in Word file format.
0 Replies

heris charles

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 07:09 am
@JohnMille,
Good question, There are many ways to convert files, PDF to WORD. I am going to explain some tricks for converting files.
1) With the help of online converter.
2) If you are Sign-in in adobe, then you will convert files.
3) Open files->Save As->File name->”filename.docx”.
4) Download some document converter from internet.
I hope you understand given points by me. May be given points will help you.
0 Replies