I need help quickly with a shy girl: Does she like me, and what should I do?

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 09:18 pm
I am in 9th grade in high school and 15, turning 16 in two months. I like to hang out with my friends, use my computer, play videogames, and I LOVE listening to music (rock and metal). I'm nice to just about everyone in school and like to stay on everyone's good side. However, I'm pretty shy, so that causes problems for me. There's this one girl I really like, but she is also shy. She is very quiet but really nice and respectful to people as far as I know. She is very good friends with one of my good friends as well. I don't really ever get an opportunity to talk to her since she is always around her friends. She is about the same age as me, within a year. I have three clases with her.

My problem is that there are only 11 days of school left and I would like to be able to go out with her by then; this is unlikely but it is what I'm hoping for. Bare minimum I want to have her cell phone number. I have no way to contact her as I stated above, I do not have her cell phone number and she also does not have a facebook.

Luckily for me though, I think she may be potentially interested in me as well. I catch her looking at me in class often and when I notice she quickly averts her eyes or looks away. Back in December we were at the same New Year's party, and me and her, along with one of her friends and two of mine, hung out for a few hours just talking and playing ping pong and stuff like that. And back in October, after both of us had done poorly on a test in biology, our moms (who are very good friends), decided we should study together after school. We didn't even end up studying for that hour or so, we just talked about school and people in school in general. She was really talkative and open those two times we were together though.

And just a few days ago, I found out that some players on the softball team were talking about how I should go out with one of the players (the girl I like is on the team). Since I don't really know anyone on the team other than her, I was kind of hoping and assuming the team was referring to her. I was ecstatic when I heard that assuming my instant thought was right, haha.

I think our moms being very good friends makes things potentially awkward though, and in school both of us are too shy to do anything about it I guess.

So I'm here to look for other people's advice on the situation. My friend could find out who she likes, but I feel like it would be weird if she did like me then a day later I ask her out.... What do you all think I should do? Should I act based on what I know, or should I just wait and figure things out myself? Any and all advice is appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,557 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 12:04 am
Just ask her out.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 01:17 am
@fallenkingdom896,
You sound like a love struck puppy Smile

You also sound like a good match, don't sweat it over your parents and hers being friends.

If you received a "hint" without giving out any information to the softball girls then I am betting they are doing exactly that, giving you a "hint"..

Coupled with body language, if she is looking over to you and you catch her and she quickly looks away, what are you waiting for?

Honestly, it sounds more than a 50% chance and even if it was only 50% it is a chance, take it or as the saying goes, you snooze, you loose.

Ask her for her phone number and if she doesn't have one, ask her to hang out, tell her you would like to get to know her better.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 10:04 am
@fallenkingdom896,
Is there a school function that it would make sense to attend together? A summer blockbuster that you might want to see? Do you have a wing-man (good friend) who could go with you and her good friend? At your age, going bike riding sometimes works well. I understand the shy part, but you will win out big if you just screw up your courage and ask. I remember being the shy guy and not knowing how to take that first step. Good luck to you. Post back after you ask her and let us know what she said.
0 Replies

emmatetris

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:56 pm
Sounds like a simuler situation that you have with my boyfriend I have now, He liked me for ages and i liked him for ages, but either of us could find the words to say so to each other. then one night my boyfriend just blurted it out on msn to me it made my day. So maybe she feels the way about you. but you just need to blurt it out, just have a causal talk about how the days been or whatever and blurt it out.
0 Replies