Obsolete Marketing Legalese

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 10:37 pm
@boomerang,
Now that is totally new to me.
(I've a few treasures from library sales in Eureka, on the old side, as in one good old book on Ingres. Never saw ripped covers)
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 10:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I act like I don't understand destroying a book - but I do. If going on a trip and wanting the pages from some guide, tear the guide apart.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 11:23 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I read something about that!

I should have read closer but if I recall it was something about how the tobacco companies sponsoring the flame retardant science (because so many people were falling asleep smoking and setting themselves afire) and that the science might not have been in anyone's best interest but the tobacco company's.

Is that what you're talking about or is there more?

Yeah, I think it was the same story, boomer. The point they eventually made was that all the styrofoam cushions that go into sofas and easy chairs is mandated to be fire-retardant although, in fact, that's not what a smoldering cigaret is going to set aflame. But the point I'm making is that clothing treated with fire-retardant chemicals shouldn't be part of a child's equipment anyway. A total absence of open flame (including b'day candles) should be.
0 Replies