Who Wants To Bu-u-uy This Diamond Ri-i-i-ing?

djjd62

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 04:30 pm
Man Accused Of Swallowing Stolen Diamond Passes Real Gem In Windsor, Ont.
Windsor, Ont.— The Canadian Press
Published Sunday, May. 20, 2012 2:22 PM EDT

Police in Windsor, Ont., say a stone passed this weekend by a man accused of swallowing a $20,000 diamond is the real thing.

Staff Sergeant Dave Kigar says the gem was expelled Saturday and tests confirm it was the missing diamond.

He says the stone has since been returned to its rightful owners.

Staff Sgt. Kigar says Richard Matthews, who was ordered to stay in police custody until the diamond was found, has been transferred to the county jail.

But the 52-year-old still has another stone to go, believed to be a cubic zirconia — a low-cost diamond substitute — like the stone he passed Friday.

Mr. Matthews is alleged to have switched a diamond at Precision Jewellers and swallowed the real one.

He is charged with theft and breach of court conditions, and is also wanted on warrants in Toronto.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 829 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 04:32 pm
@djjd62,
whatever they pay the guy that has to hunt through the poo for it, it's not enough...
djjd62

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 04:34 pm
@Rockhead,
you never see that in CSI
0 Replies