Why those up in WTC - towers didn't just jump from there where the planes crashed?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 04:58 pm
@roger,
Eight feet - well, 8 feet three inches - were my experience where the ceiling showed up from the floor. That was then and design has changed. What happens between floors varies too..

Here in foofoo land, my hallway is 6'6 - I live in tinkertoy ville.
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:45 pm
@roger,
I'll have to check - it was years and years ago so maybe they used to have emergency brakes on planes at that time
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:53 pm
@Linkat,
Found some details on this - seems this particular plane was at an aircraft surplus sale and Bugs was looking at the planes. Yosemite Sam came on board and thinking Bugs was a pilot, put a gun at him to take off.

In the cockpit, Bugs is reading a "Learn To Fly" book. Then a "robot pilot" is activated, but the robot grabs one of the two parachutes on board and jumps out of the plane. With just one parachute left, Bugs decides that they will have to draw straws to see who gets the parachute, but Sam cheats by telling Bugs to draw the straws so that he (Sam) can grab the parachute. Sam jumps out of the plane and once a safe distance away, he lifts up the back flap, but camping goods fly out, revealing what Sam grabbed was a knapsack. Sam then crashes down into the ground and is killed instantly, while Bugs manages to stop the plane in midair by pulling an "air brake" lever.

So it is the air brake - not the emergency brake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Feud_Cake
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:03 pm
@Linkat,
Well...I guess you hadda be there.
roger

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm beginning to think "air brake" is not exactly the same as "speed brake".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:16 am
@Linkat,
The plane ran out of fuel, so it stopped.
parados

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 07:26 am
@alvoutila,
You can't jump out of a building and then back into it 10 floors below. Physics doesn't work that way.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 07:55 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Eight feet - well, 8 feet three inches - were my experience where the ceiling showed up from the floor. That was then and design has changed. What happens between floors varies too..

Here in foofoo land, my hallway is 6'6 - I live in tinkertoy ville.

Dang. I literally could not stand up straight in your house.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 08:19 am
@izzythepush,
Yes that was another one - wasn't the gas one to do with a space ship?
Linkat

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 08:21 am
@Linkat,
No it was a plane - but with a gremlin....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Hare
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 08:22 am
@Linkat,
I think it was an old WW2 one with gremlins in. One of the few Bugs cartoons where he doesn't get the upper hand.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 08:23 am
@Linkat,
Crossed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 09:11 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Commercial aircraft don't usually employ speed brakes. What was that rabbit flying?

THAT would be telling. And I ain't no dobberinnerer.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 10:06 am
Both buildings should have been totally evacuated after the first impact.
Mame

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 05:57 pm
@gungasnake,
I believe they were working on it. The stairways might have been a bit crowded.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 25 May, 2012 10:48 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQff4GpvM4w

Here you go,,,, Joe(GremlinS!!!)Nation
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 05:22 pm
@alvoutila,
A much more pertinent question is, why would there be a human being explosively blown out of a WTC twin tower window when NIST and the entire US official story says there were not explosives involved at WTC on 9-11.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 09:23 pm
@alvoutila,
alvoutila wrote:
Why those up in WTC - towers didn't just jump from there where the planes crashed? I guess that would be less altitude than jumping from the building to the street. I mean Why they jumped right onto street from the buildings and did not try to jump there where the planes had made a destruction to the nearest floor of the building. Because the damage that planes had done did not go many floors( maybe 10 ).

I'm only discovering your thread five years after you posted, but perhaps you will revisit your old thread one day.

The people who jumped were all about to be burned alive if they did not jump. And they had their backs to the window that they jumped out of. They didn't have a choice of jumping locations.

I doubt that anyone jumped if they were not about to be burned alive if they didn't jump.

The people in the south tower had a working stairway. Your jumping option would not have been a good idea for them.

Perhaps for people above the crash site in the north tower, jumping down to the intact part of the building would have been the "least bad" option. But it would be pretty hard to force yourself to make that jump.

Keep in mind that, before the south tower collapsed, people above the impact site in the north tower probably felt that their best option was to just stay in place until the authorities got together and implemented a rescue plan. Only after the collapse of the south tower would it have been clear that waiting around for a rescue might not be an option.

And by that time the north tower was only about half an hour away from collapsing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 09:25 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
And jumping to a lower level --- say, from the 96th to the 86th floor --- wasn't an option, because the towers were straight as a candle. There was no place to land on the 86th floor. (And even this is assuming that you could survive a jump 10 stores down, which you probably can't.)

You'd inevitably have to land on something on the 86th floor.

As for survival odds, can you think of a "less bad" option for people above the crash site in the north tower?
camlok

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 09:57 pm
@oralloy,
It's ludicrous to suggest that there was one large gaping hole over the whole impact floor areas in either tower. Likely there were people that tried to climb down the shattered, hanging remains of the floor system on the north side of WTC1. The majority of each floor would likely still have been in place as the core columns prevented movement to the opposite, south side.

Not every floor would have been too hot to survive, as we all saw people on many of those floors.

When the molten iron started pouring out of the south tower moments before it was blown up, that was a signal that it was doomed, although not many would have recognized that at the time.

Here's the video of the human being being explosively ejected from one of the twin towers, which is another nail in the coffin of the official conspiracy theory. NIST says no explosions despite the myriad news reports describing them, the myriad firefighters reporting them, the video recordings of explosions and here, a video of a human being exploded out a twin tower window.

Watch from 0:50 onward, watch very closely from 0:56 because it is a very high speed explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Ne1FJBVkh4s