Shy or I've got it wrong?

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 04:57 pm
Hi all - please help! I don't know whether I misread this, have made a mistake or if this guy is just really shy!

Background - we weren't very close, we used to work together but he took up a new job in another city a few months ago and we have kept in contact and gotten closer only since he left.

He messaged me a couple of weeks ago telling me that he would be in town soon. I messaged back saying that I hoped to see him when he was here. He told me a few days ago that he would be here this weekend and asked what I was up to. I told him not much and asked him to let me know when he got here.

So far he hasn't got in contact...any ideas as to what's going on?!! Does he not want to see me after all?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 720 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 05:08 pm
@9012,
He doesn't want to seem pushy. Call him if you still look forward to seeing him.
vikorr

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:46 pm
@roger,
Yep, I'm with Roger on this one.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:29 pm
I actually wouldn't call him - he said he'll get in contact with her once he is
in town and he has not done so. I think it's quite rude not to make definite plans when to contact her or see her - he should not expect for her to sit at home all weekend waiting for his phone call.

If anything I'd text him that you're available tomorrow, Sunday, from 11 - 2 pm, for lunch and then have made other plans. Don't sit at home waiting for his phone call...
vikorr

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 02:53 pm
@CalamityJane,
That's a little bit of a jump from what was told.

He made no claim on her whole weekend - just to catch up, so I doubt that "he expects for her to sit at home all weekend waiting for his phone call". And that they didn't discuss a specific time is both their responsibility to bear, not just one of them.

He may not have been arriving till Saturday night so "I think it's quite rude not to make definite plans when to contact her or see her" may have been rude - or it may have been normal. That's why a phone call was a good idea. It saves you from : 1. waiting on an ambiguous time; and 2. jumping to conclusions. Speaking in person also gives you much more information to enable you to decide what you want to do for the weekend.

"If anything I'd text him that you're available tomorrow" And how is this different advice from calling him? I can see that it's an easy way to deal with the matter. And doing it that way can also leave you with more unanswered questions.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 04:37 pm
@9012,
It's honestly to hard to state.. When I read that, I didn't read any excitement and off course, texting or "typing" without emoticons can be deceiving.. Smile

I think you have to be assertive by nature to be able to pick up a telephone and ring him.. Given that you were always texting, that seems to be your comfort zone and I agree with CJ... don't sit at home waiting.

It seems that you like him and now you want to know if he likes you, yet you both were not close at all. Ask yourself, if it's more of the fact that "someone" of the opposite sex is texting you (messaging you) and the need for some form of affection is there on your behalf or if you really do like him.

There is nothing wrong with calling him if you have it within you.. But, I would word it right, like, so are you here yet? With a bit of laughter in your voice.

It could be that he read it as I did. "Nothing much, let me know when you are here sigh" .... As apposed to "Great, look forward to it which day are you arriving? "..

0 Replies