Need to rebuild my weak body :(

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:36 pm
Im a 20 year old guy. But im slim and not fit. I spend most of my time at work, university and social issues...I didn't have enough time to do some sports or fitness exercises.
However now I want a new begining, and I want to rebuild my body properly and gradually.
What should I do? How frequently should I exercise? What kind of exercises? What kind of food should I eat? Any special tips to follow?

Please advise.

Big thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,182 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Individual

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 07:52 pm
Uhh, check the other thread that you started. I posted something there for you.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 09:03 am
Before you begin any program, you'll want to have a complete physical exam by an MD. You can then take it from there, depending on the results.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 09:34 am
Start by walking.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:40 am
Walking is good. I'm a big fan of swimming, too. It gives you nice smooth muscles.

It's not so much about what you do, as getting out and doing -somthing- routinely. I try to walk to school as often as possible.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:56 pm
I do walk..I sometimes run too (many times actually) .. but when it comes to exercises..what should I try to do?
What about food?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:24 pm
Ask me a specific question about food and I'll do my best to answer you.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:14 pm
Hmm..for example..should I consume:
More fat? less fat? more calcium? proteins? fruits? vegetables? meat? ..etc
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:21 pm
I don't know about the fat, I would keep it the same as always (unless you're into eating lard). More protein, tons and tons of protein. Eat fruits just before you work out, especially bananas. And you might want to take some vitamins with a general helping of everything.

But go to your doctor and make sure that you're healthy before you try anything!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:18 am
vonderjohn wrote:
Hmm..for example..should I consume:
More fat? less fat? more calcium? proteins? fruits? vegetables? meat? ..etc

What are your daily doses of the above elements? Confused
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 03:18 am
Okay - like each day I have lots of calcium and protein in the morning. (milk,cereal,apple) .. at lunch I have some chicken or peas or meat... in the evening I usually end up with soup and bread and salads.
How does that sound??
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:16 am
You need to eat more protein in the morning and at night. Milk is not a significant source of protein, and your dinner is going to fill you up but there isn't any protein in there. If you're into eating veggies for dinner, just add some soy beans into the mix.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 04:56 am
Back up the bus, what are your goals?, any health issues? Any history of heart problems? What's your weight? How long has it been since you have been active? Are you going for a cosmetic effect (bodybuilding) a strength effect (powerlifting) or just general fitness? Answer these questions and then I can help.

Bananna's are a low GI food which is high in potassium, this means it is best eaten AFTER exercise as are most fruits (along with something like a carbohydrate-protein sports drink). Before exercise we want to spike our Insulin lvls therefore facilitating the transport of glucose, from the blood into the muscle cell. It is then metabolized to produce energy that will enable the muscle to do work. Ontop of that insulin also stimulates a certain enzyme that assists in converting glucose into glycogen for storage in the muscle cell so that it can be used for energy at a later time.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 10:11 pm
I always thought that bananas were a great source of energy because of the high sugar content before working out.
0 Replies