Whom shall I say is calling?

JTT

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:19 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
You're not seriously going to tell me that you don't realize that there's a wide gulf between spoken language and the written transcription?

You lack a basic sense of honesty, Merry. Here you are with a new song and dance after stating the following just a few posts earlier. You wrote, "I do most of the time".

Quote:
Certainly people of a certain age (read: moi)who are familiar with what you refer to as 'prescriptive' grammar and with the English language in general tend to use the proper case. I do most of the time. I suspect that so does Roberta as well as other literate souls here on A2k.

I'm the one that drilled it into your blockhead that there is a major difference between SWE and speech. You were one of the ones yucking it up with the other peevists about how people just didn't have a firm grasp of the language.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Your logic is drivel, Om. I don't believe that you have discussed any language issue wherein you used logic. It was completely illogical.

You simply do not consciously understand language.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:26 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Your logic is drivel, Om. I don't believe that you have discussed any language issue wherein you used logic.
It was completely illogical.

You simply do not consciously understand language.
I gave up on u long ago, J.
U have not been re-habilitated.

I will respect the privacy of your nightmares.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That has been your line of bullshit, Om, since you got schooled on the idiotic prescriptions you have advanced.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 10:34 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
That has been your line of bullshit, Om,
since you got schooled on the idiotic prescriptions you have advanced.
Behold the babblings of a lunatic; a little sad.
0 Replies