I do not believe gods exist…but I do not believe there are no gods.

Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
IZZY…thank you for being reasonable and trying to share your reasoning with these guys, but obviously they have way too much invested in their arguments to actually be the reasonable, logical individuals they constantly claim to be. Do stick around…and I hope you enjoy the theatrics as much as I am…and will be.

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

You're killin' me Frank . . . you're such a comedian . . .
Frank Apisa

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:35 am
@Setanta,

Quote:
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

You're killin' me Frank . . . you're such a comedian . .

Thank you, Set. That was kind of you to mention that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:49 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
These people are not telling Frank that he is not an agnostic

people have been having trouble accepting that Frank is agnostic over many threads over the past couple of months. I commented on it a couple of times.

He says he's agnostic. They say "no you're not, you're atheist".

It's not necessarily the same thing. There are instances where it is, but atheist and agnostic are not interchangeable terms.
ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:50 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
That's why he can't believe the dictionary when it tells him that his usage of the words atheist and disbelief is false (to a prescriptive linguist) or at least nonstandard (to a descriptive linguist).

Frank's use of agnostic and atheist is within the mainstream.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:53 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Being agnostic and being atheist are not mutally exclusive

for some people that is true.

They are not interchangeable terms.
Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:54 am
@izzythepush,
Clown, i wrote that after you called me a "******* evangelist." I suppose you thought i'd just curl up and ask you "please, please, don't be mean to me?"

What an idiot--you can't even follow the course of a conversation.
ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:54 am
@Thomas,
Why can't you talk about what kind of agnostic Frank is, instead of trying to define him as some type of atheist?
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:56 am
@ehBeth,
I don't deny that what you say is true, but i've seen people telling him that he's an atheist although he is also an agnostic. Got some citations for that?
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
I did not say or imply that they are interchangeable.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:05 am
@Setanta,
Just pointing out your inconsistancies me old mucker.

Here's a handy rule of thumb for you, if you have to say something's a joke, chances are it's not a good joke.
Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:12 am
@izzythepush,
You apparently don't do verb tenses either. I wasn't calling you names until you called me a "******* evangelist." It's sad that you have to have such things explained to you--but not surprising.

I only said it was a joke because i knew you wouldn't understand it--i have no doubt that Frank got it right way. I don't care if you understand, as it's becoming clear that you understand precious little of what people write around here.
izzythepush

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:23 am
@Setanta,
I understand it alright, like I said, not a good joke. Maybe you can get someone to explain that to you.

You started swearing at me, and calling me names a long time ago, didn't you?
joefromchicago

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:25 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
atheist and agnostic are not interchangeable terms.

Sure they are. Or, at least they are according to Frank.
Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:26 am
@izzythepush,
Oh, poor bay-bee . . . butter wouldn't melt, huh?
ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:30 am
@failures art,
Here is a wonderfully typical response from F'art.

failures art wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

I am an agnostic, not an atheist.

Yeah, and I'm not a vegan, I just don't eat or use any animal products.

Doesn't truly Frank's statement that he is an agnostic, not an atheist.

~~~~

if the 'new' search was more effective, it'd be a bit easier to find more of these, but the standard response to "I'm agnostic" is some version of "you're an atheist". Frank's statement of "I am an agnostic" usually gets a stronger response than when others say it.

Rockhead

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
I keep hoping that one of these days that set accidentally calls beth a clown or worse outta habit.

I'll buy the popcorn that day...
Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:33 am
@ehBeth,
If that is so, it's likely because Frank obsesses over the subject, such as starting entire threads about it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:34 am
@Setanta,
That's the sort of thing.

It's also the sort of tack that rotboy usually goes off on, you don't want to end up like him. Now that's no joke.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:35 am
@Rockhead,
Set started calling me a Clown after I called him Malvolio, he's quite good at relationships.
Setanta

Wed 30 May, 2012 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
So what, it doesn't count if it's a literary reference? It's OK to insult someone if you use Shakespeare?

Clown