Newly pierced ears

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:34 pm
I recently got my ears pierced and i took them out for a while to clean it, but when i tried putting it back in, i couldnt find the hole.. so i pushed a little and i tore through some skin and it started to bleed alot... but i got it cleaned and put the earrings (safety earrings) back on.. but now it hurts alot and i cant even touch it to take the earrings off to clean it. can i leave them in and try to clean under it, or is it gonna get infected?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,238 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:38 pm
@tonitoni,
Keep the earrings in, don't remove them until the hole has healed. The holes may very well be infected, keep using the disinfectant you were given when you got them pierced and they should be fine. They will hurt, and it will take a few days to heal. Until they do heal, try not to touch them with your bare fingers - they carry a lot of dirt and could re-infect.
If, they do get worse, then see a doctor.
tonitoni

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:52 pm
Smile thanks alot for replying..
is alcohol ok for cleaning it?
0 Replies

tonitoni

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:55 pm
@Ceili,
thanks for replying.. Smile is alcohol ok to clean it?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:59 pm
do you have hoops or posts?
I prefer hoops for first time healing. You can move the earring back and forward when cleaning.

Yes, I used a little alcohol on a Q-tip.
The idea is to keep it dry and let it heal.
tonitoni

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 05:52 pm
@PUNKEY,
posts..... um my ear is throbbing and im a little nervous.. im hoping its not infected and that its just a little irritated.. should i be worried?
Ceili

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 10:13 pm
@tonitoni,
Alcohol is fine. Your ears are probably a wee bit infected. It's par for the course.. almost everyone goes through this. You'll be fine in a day or two, just clean the holes a couple of times a day and try to leave them alone otherwise.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 10:39 pm
If the alcohol hurts too much, you can use hydrogen peroxide. It's really good for cleaning new piercings.
0 Replies