George W. Bush -- grand strategist

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:25 am
"Human history is very old and it has not yet reached its end."

georgeob1 -- you really expect me to take you seriously after a statement like that?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:14 am
I don't expect anything from you.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 07:11 pm
The Taliban
Did the Taliban attack the USA on 911?

Making Afghanistan into a USA colony has nothing to do with 911. If Al Q. members attacked the USA on 911 why does the USA have right to attack and take over Afghanistan? Oh, the pipeline, the natural gas reserves? Could that be the reason?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 07:54 pm
Joe nation, so it was a word? I think I am over my head but I like it so here I stay.

pistoff, the Afghanistan war was completely justified and we had no choice but to go there. Bin Laden and the Al Quada network was there, the taliban refused to give him up We just didn't finish or follow through very well because of the Iraq obsesion. The goal I thought was getting them, not just regime change, maybe we were mislead about that too, who in the world knows anymore.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:21 pm
War
Going after Al Q. seems to be justified but taking over an entire country to do so seems to be a fraud.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:29 pm
The taliban was haboring Bin Laden, what should we have done, do you imagine they would have let us in? Once there and the leading power was out, we couldn't very well just up and leave it without a government to run the country.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:49 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
No irony. Merely demonstrable fact. All nations and individuals attempt to preserve their continued life. This is not a criterion on which to make distinctions between those worthy of admiratiopn and those not so worthy.

There IS irony. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word in a dictionary before stating there is no irony in your previous post.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:56 pm
Quote:
"undertook a decisive and courageous reassessment of American grand strategy following the shock of the 9/11 attacks. At his doctrine's center, Bush placed the democratization of the Middle East and the urgent need to prevent terrorists and rogue states from getting nuclear weapons. Bush also boldly rejected the constraints of an outmoded international system that was really nothing more that a snapshot of the configuration of power that existed in 1945."

And George Bush doesn't have the kind of "vision" it takes to undertake a grand anything! His intent hasn't been to prevent rogue states from getting nuclear weapons. (How did this guy define Iraq as a "rogue state" anyhow??) If that was the case, why not invade Pakistan or North Korea who already have weapons of mass destruction? With the tension between Pakistan and India, we'll all be lucky if they don't try to blow each other up and take the rest of the world with them as they do it! The way this guy writes is a bunch of hooey too. "...an outmoded international system that was really nothing more than a snapshot of the configuration of power that existed in 1945." Well considering 1945 was 59 years ago, why is the UN still in existence today if it is so outdated?

The idea of Bush being some sort of visionary is laughable. I have no doubt that avenging his father and having an influence in an oil-rich Arab nation were factors in his decision to invade Iraq. There were no weapons of mass destruction, his public reason for invading.

Would I like to see democracy in the middle east? Well I would like to see the end of any and all human rights violations that exist there, but not through the killing/wounding of innocent citizens and the deaths/wounding of American soldiers. Besides...this war didn't address that issue. After the last of the American troops eventually pull out (whenever that is) the human rights violations will no doubt continue.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:48 pm
caprice wrote:

There IS irony. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word in a dictionary before stating there is no irony in yourprevious post.

No irony except what you wish to see. Even that does not hold up to a bit of thought. Calm yourself.
0 Replies