Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz- A fool.

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 09:31 am
McGentrix
Do you understand that it's Haliburton's own Internal Audits that are catching these problems?

Halliburton auditors caught it. Sure after they knew they were being investigated and were sure to be caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:42 pm
au1929 wrote:
Halliburton auditors caught it. Sure after they knew they were being investigated and were sure to be caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

And I suppose you have evidence to support this claim?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:48 pm
You must have read about Halliburton overcharging for gasoline in Iraq to the tune of something like $61mill. That is what started the ball rolling not an internal audit by Hallicrooked.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:52 pm
Yes, I think that made the company want to see what it's employees were up to. That's what IA does.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:55 pm
McGentrix

Ha Ha. Do you know any more funny jokes?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:16 pm
Tommy DeVito wrote:
I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to f*****' amuse you?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:25 pm
Tommy DeVito. Who is that your imaginary playmate?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:01 pm
au1929 wrote:
Tommy DeVito. Who is that your imaginary playmate?

Anyone care to help this poor youth out? Anyone?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:33 am
McGentrix

Putting Halliburton aside for a minute, I am just curious. Why is a faceless company so important to defend to you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:09 pm
Because the truth is important. The WHOLE truth. When little things are allowed to slide by, then they lead to bigger things sliding by. Some on the left want to make Haliburton out to be some huge company run by Satan with Dick Cheney sitting by his side doing everything they possibly can to screw the American taxpayer and that is just not true.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:32 pm
Evidence?
Can you prove that Haliburton is not a war profiteering company and commits thievery?

If I or anyone else cheated the American taxpayer of millions of dollars then admitted it and offered to repay, would I or anyone else be excused and not charged with fraud?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:32 pm
Quote:
... Dick Cheney sitting by his side doing everything they possibly can to screw the American taxpayer and that is just not true.

I thought it was because Cheney was involved with the company at one time.

Some things are just understood to be true by most of the public and the greed of companies like Halliburton is one of those things. For instance, most of the public believes Martha Stewart actually did do some inside trading and might of have even tried to cover it up, they just don't think she aught to go to jail for thirty years considering it was all such a relatively small amount. Whereas Enron who contributed very large amounts of money to the Bush campaign, bilked hundreds of millions (whatever, I am not good with remembering technical details) of dollars from regular people depending on that money for their retirements or whatever. Now Halliburton is bilking the military who are over there fighting for our country. But yes, by all means let's get the homemaker. I guess Barbra Walters is next, or maybe Barbra Streisand.
0 Replies