K Guys, I need your expert opinion :-D

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 11:38 am
I need you ex-pert opinion on ex-relationships :-D Haha get it? Ahem, moving on..

In short, I broke up with the bf because our lives were heading in 2 different directions. He's 28, Indian, parents still follow the arranged marriage system. I'm 21, not Indian, and will be spending my next 5 yrs pursuing a career in rehabilitation. We both agreed we still wanted to keep in contact.

3 weeks after breakup, we met/had dinner. He told me he would visit his parents in India. I thought he'd probably come back engaged. So he called me 2 days before leaving, and on the day of. Said he would call me when he gets back. When I never heard from him after 2 weeks of his arrival, I sent him a message saying I respect if he wants to end contact but just give me a reason why.

These are his responses:
" i haven't broken off contact or anything .. we are still cool... aren't we ?"

"If anything I should be apologizing. It was not right of me to not just contact you. So sorry about that, your behavior was perfectly natural and dare I say restrained. Anyways do message me or call me up when you are free.. If possible we should also meet some time and get some sushi perhaps... Smile"

Am I overreacting? How should I go about this situation now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,098 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 11:55 am
@jt21forever,
The ball is in his court now, sit back and wait and let him respond. IF he doesn't then you've got your answer.
jt21forever

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 12:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
Haha..wait...if he told me to call him and go out to sushi with him..how is the ball in his court? Shouldn't it be in mines? :-P
chai2

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 12:26 pm
@jt21forever,
You two have broken up.
What difference does it make when and if you meet for a meal?

You're making a big deal out of nothing.

Read a book or do something productive with your mind to stop thinking about this crap.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 07:24 pm
@jt21forever,
The real answer to this is "Aren't your lives heading in two different directions"?

And also "Anything way you want to handle this is okay"

If you want to contact him - fine. If you don't want to contact him - fine.
0 Replies