Kroc Foundation Awards?

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 02:12 pm
Does anyone know how much money the Kroc Foundation donated to the Salvation Army? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,284 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Charli

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:49 pm
WASN'T THE AMOUNT . .
Wasn't the amount $1.5 Billion? However, that doesn't include other money (in the millions) given to the Salvation Army in other years. Many other organizations and individuals have received large amounts, too, from Mrs. Kroc. Not only the bequests in the final will, but over many years. There's probably a website that gives all of these details. Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:58 pm
Thanks for this information. If the donation was so large, why are they seeking more money from
little people?
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 08:56 pm
IT'S THE "UPKEEP"
Seems the Salvation Army was thinking about turning down this "donation" because - the way I understand it - the Kroc money was earmarked to build some sort of "Centers." Like one that had been built somewhere in California. However, none of the money could be used for "upkeep" of said centers. And this would run to about $40 million per year!!! Hence, the launching of a drive to raise "that" money.

This is as accurate as my memory can recall on a few seconds perusal of the info. So, it's not guaranteed. There has to be a website with all this. Apologies that I haven't the time to look for it. If you find one, please post it here. And thank you in advance. - Charli
[/color]
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 09:15 am
Thanks for your reply. I just received, in the mail, a request from the Salvation Army for a donation.
I'm not rich like the Krocs, so I was wondering what the Army had done with all the Kroc foundation money.

I'll still make a donation to the Salvation Army!
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm
GOOD FOR YOU!
Good for you, Miller! We're truly glad to hear about your decision. The Salvation Army is the one charity that we support as much as we are able. We checked extensively on many charities and their ratio of money used for the purposes other than administrators' salaries, etc. The Salvation Army is up at the top with a FEW OTHERS. Their ratio is about 84% - which is nearly as good as it gets. The electric, gas, water bills, stationery, etc., DO have to be paid.

This past Christmas, we were able to donate a car worth quite a bit. They sent us the papers for the tax write-off. Which, of course, is only a percentage, but . . . We can't do anything more at present, although we hope to in the future. There is so much need and the Salvation Army does magnificently. We don't go to their services; however, we would like to say "Thank you!!!"
[/color]
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 08:18 pm
AN INTERESTING SALVATION ARMY WEB SITE
Miller - Here's an interesting Salvation Army web site. There is a section that talks about the San Diego Kroc Center which was dedicated two years ago.

THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY (tsatoday)
[/URL]
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:43 pm
Even if you don't go to their services, they still are willing to say prayers for you and your loved ones.

Do you think they sell their mailing lists?
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:12 pm
SALVATION ARMY MAILING LISTS
We don't know for certain, but really don't believe that the Salvation Army sells or distributes their mailing lists. We've had contact with them for several years and have never felt that they were sharing our name and address. It's probably noted on their web site.

We've never had anything but the most satisfactory relationship with this organization. They have an excellent name in all they do. We can't praise them enough. Evidently, the Krocs felt the same way. Why those folks didn't stipulate that some of the money go to upkeep of the centers, we'll probably never know. Maybe they just didn't think about it. Hopefully, those projects will all work out well and be successful.

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~stephan/Animation/chaplin.movie.gif
0 Replies