Does the editing work?

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:36 pm
I believe the sentence "Bread is a food, which contain some fibrin and not necessarily refers to the fibrin itself" is correct and clear.

Now I want to put "all right" between the two clauses, in order to establish an atmosphere of talking casually. Hence I have:

Bread is a food, which contain some fibrin, all right, but not necessarily refers to the fibrin itself.

But I'm not sure whether "which contain some fibrin, all right, but not necessarily refers to the fibrin itself. " is grammatically correct or not.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 694 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 09:42 pm
@oristarA,
Sounds OK, except I would drop the phrase "all right." That makes it sound very colloquial whereas the rest of the sentence is more or less formal. How about this:

Bread is a food containg fibrin but this does not necessarily refer to the fibrin itself.

Well, the point is that the sentence is quite comprehensible which always helps.
oristarA

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 12:45 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Sounds OK, except I would drop the phrase "all right." That makes it sound very colloquial whereas the rest of the sentence is more or less formal. How about this:

Bread is a food containg fibrin but this does not necessarily refer to the fibrin itself.

Well, the point is that the sentence is quite comprehensible which always helps.

Yes, this certain reader is a tutor (PhD) for master students. I indeed wanted to sound casual and colloquial. So the orininal is okay.Smile
And your improved sentence sounds better.
Thank you.
0 Replies