Why does the Universe exist?

cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Only if the general public lets it happen. Trump's support is around 30% of our population. I can't see it improving when he added tariffs to most things we buy, and his wall vs shutting down the government that affects 800,000 workers. There's no cure for stupid, but I'm pretty confident our citizens aren't all masochists. Supporting a racial bigot and liar is bad enough. I'm not sure what this world is coming to. From Bloomberg: Overall, 34 percent of Americans approve of Trump's job performance in a survey conducted by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. That's down from 42 percent a month earlier and nears the lowest mark of his two-year presidency.
brianjakub

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 04:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump will win the primary easily. He will get 95% of that section of the electorate. All he's got to get is 15 % of the rest. The Democrats are going to have to put up a good candidate to win more than 85% of the center left .

I think Bernie is the only one that can do it.
cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 04:58 pm
@brianjakub,
The 85% of republicans who favor Trump are traitors to this country. Trump is a racial bigot, liar, and the destroyer of our democracy and norms of governance. https://newrepublic.com/article/148142/republican-party-not-trump-real-threat-american-democracy. But Trump is the head of their party. The republican party is doing nothing to protect this country from Trump.
brianjakub

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 08:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump is a racial bigot liar and the destroyer of our democracy and norms of governance

Could you provide some examples of bigotry.

Recognizing that the Muslim religion (which is really a form of government) is a common thread in countries that want to destroy our government and our way of life, is not bigotry. It is recognizing a pattern.

Are there any predominantly Christian or democratic nations threatening the security of the United States?

Our democracy is safe because safeguards with checks and balances are written into the constitution. Congress is not acting because our country is not in danger. The reason we know that is true is pointed out in the article you referenced and it is the fact that it has yet to be proven that Trump has done anything that can destroy our form of government.

But the Democratic Party through the use of the judicial branch has done many things in the past That has hurt our country. The fact that they are losing control of the supreme court and there and ability to impose their views that way, which now requires them to use the electoral process through the legislative branch is scaring the hell out of them. The left just loves judicial tyranny because you can't change it with the elections. Unlike judges Presidents can be thrown out of office every 4 to 8 years.

It is much better to change a country through the electoral process though because it forces you to educate the population about the difference between right and wrong. For some reason the left doesn't want the conversation to happen.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 12:09 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:

Could you provide some examples of bigotry.
Trump, "Mexicans are criminals and rapists." "Keep all Muslims from entering our country until we know what the hell is going on!" From the Guardian, "The miscarriage of justice is widely remembered as a definitive moment in New York’s fractured race relations. But Trump’s intervention – he signed full-page newspaper advertisements implicitly calling for the boys to die – has been gradually overlooked as the businessman’s chances of winning the Republican nomination have rapidly increased. Now those involved in the case of the so-called Central Park Five and its aftermath say Trump’s rhetoric served as an unlikely precursor to a unique brand of divisive populism that has powered his rise to political prominence in 2016." Trump was also sued by the feds for not renting his apartments to blacks. https://www.salon.com/2011/04/28/donald_trump_discrimination_suit/. I'm sure this evidence will not have any effect on "your" bigotry. My opinion of you is based on the fact that this information was readily available in the media when these events took place. This kind of information only become national and international news, because of its uniqueness. In that respect, everybody will agree Trump is unique in US politics. It's very rare, and probably never happened before, that 200 political scientists claimed that "Trump is the worst president in US history." Those are only the highlights that I can remember. I'm sure there are a lot more. I remembered another one. He saw thousands of Muslims celebrating the destruction of the twin towers in NYC. Nobody else saw or recorded this. Trump sees things nobody else sees. He also lied about Obama's birthplace claiming that Obama was born in Kenya and not qualified to be our president - for five years! That's the symptom of a psycho! Pushing a lie for 5 years, seeing things not there, and cheating on all his wives. He's not "normal" in any sense of that word.
izzythepush

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're being sealioned. It's a favourite tactic of the far right. They make you waste your time by constantly demanding you provide evidence when they never provide any.

Trump's bigotry has been documented thousands of times, it's pretty much common knowledge, and anyone who needs proof has either been living in a cave or is a bigot themselves.

Don't jump through any more of their hoops, you've got better thing to do with your time.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 12:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks, I'll try to remember, but my memory is short and failing. Wink
0 Replies

brianjakub

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 01:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump, "Mexicans are criminals and rapists."

That is not a quote. Please provide the quote in context.
Quote:

Quote:
"Keep all Muslims from entering our country until we know what the hell is going on!

That is not bigotry. It is putting controls on a group (that are not American citizens) that is performing terrorist acts at a higher rate than the rest of the immigrant population. And Obama had the same restrictions on those very same counties also.

Quote:
But Trump’s intervention – he signed full-page newspaper advertisements implicitly calling for the boys to die – has been gradually overlooked as the businessman’s chances of winning the Republican nomination have rapidly increased. Now those involved in the case of the so-called Central Park Five and its aftermath say Trump’s rhetoric served as an unlikely precursor to a unique brand of divisive populism that has powered his rise to political prominence in 2016." Trump was also sued by the feds for not renting his apartments to blacks.

Can we keep the topic on current events and not past mistakes? Otherwise most politicians (and people maybe including you) would have been in trouble for past digressions.

Quote:
I'm sure this evidence will not have any effect on "your" bigotry.

Provide examples of my bigotry please.

Quote:
My opinion of you is based on the fact that this information was readily available in the media when these events took place. This kind of information only become national and international news, because of its uniqueness. In that respect, everybody will agree Trump is unique in US politics. It's very rare, and probably never happened before, that 200 political scientists claimed that "Trump is the worst president in US history.

I would suspect that those same political scientists think the country was moving in the right direction before Trump. (I strongly suggest watching you watch"Fahrenheit 11-9", "The Vice" and "Death of a Nation" for evidence suggesting otherwise. I hope your opinion of me changes after viewing them. Let me know please.

Quote:
I remembered another one. He saw thousands of Muslims celebrating the destruction of the twin towers in NYC. Nobody else saw or recorded this. Trump sees things nobody else sees. He also lied about Obama's birthplace claiming that Obama was born in Kenya and not qualified to be our president - for five years! That's the symptom of a psycho! Pushing a lie for 5 years, seeing things not there, and cheating on all his wives. He's not "normal" in any sense of that word.

And you look out the window and think the universe and everything you are experiencing in the all the systems it contains (including your body and your intelligence) just came into existence by a process that was initiated by a Big Bang explosion that somehow introduced order. I can't see a Big Bang doing that.

Can you explain how you see the Big Bang and the following processes did it beyond saying, "the complex system exists, smart people understand the system, but those same people can't where it came from there fore it doesn't matter because they so it's not important and they are really smart"? Please answer.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 01:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Trump's bigotry has been documented thousands of times, it's pretty much common knowledge, and anyone who needs proof has either been living in a cave or is a bigot themselves.

Don't jump through any more of their hoops, you've got better thing to do with your time.

I never argued that he wasn't a bigot. We all have our biases.

Eventually you have to provide evidence. I think I have provided more evidence from quotable authoritative sources than you because ther is evidence supporting my position. I took the time to do it and explain it. Cicerone provides evidence but never explains how it supports his position. Half the time it does the opposite and I quote it and explain why.

Quote:

Do you want to "know why" or not. If not at least don't encourage others to avoid a discussion.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 02:47 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Cicerone provides evidence but never explains how it supports his position. Half the time it does the opposite and I quote it and explain why.
. The evidence explains it all! It's nature and evolution; self-explanatory. Scientists have provided evidence in our life came to be, and how they evolved over time or died out.
brianjakub

Sat 26 Jan, 2019 08:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Evidence always has to be interpreted. You have to explain how it supports your position. evidence doesn't have a mouth or a pen. Only intelligent beings can do that.
cicerone imposter

Sat 26 Jan, 2019 01:38 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Evidence always has to be interpreted.
. That's what scientists do. You can either believe your bible or the scientists. That's your choice. I made mine.
brianjakub

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 04:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
I believe in science and the bible. Your unusual interpretation of the bible makes it incompatible with science. Maybe if consider a different interpretation it will make more sense to you.

You keep saying it was created 2,000 years ago. It was not. It was compiled 2,000 years ago. In reality it was created as oral traditions that were created at the beginning of mankind and compiled over eons of time. That is what mainstream historians believe so at least quote what the authoritative belief is.

Second you claim it is a literal six thousand year story. It says in the bible that many changes occured in the lives of men during and after the so-called flood event. I suggest that a day before the flood was equal to at somewhere between 1,000,000 to 10,000,000 of our years if the bible is to reconcile with science (which it must to be true). If that is true and the story is being passed on from millions of years ago, then the bible is mighty accurate considering the circumstances.

Would you at least consider looking into those possibilities when interpreting the bible.
Fil Albuquerque

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:12 pm
@brianjakub,
Just drop the nonsense already man...its embarrassing! Reconciling the Bible with Science is a non sequitur! I tried that when I was ten n dropped it...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 01:17 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
You keep saying it was created 2,000 years ago. It was not. It was compiled 2,000 years ago.
Yes, and mythologies get mixed into the stories that is repeated often enough for it to become facts. Also, the compilation were determined by many different men from many different stories and "books" at different years that ended up with errors, omissions, and contradictions. https://blacknonbelievers.wordpress.com/books-left-out-of-the-bible/
cicerone imposter

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
brianjakub, You are your own worst enemy, because you do not accept evidence provided by our scientists, but rather, believe in a book compiled around 2,000 years ago that contains many errors, omissions, and contradictions. That is your problem. Many of us rely on science to provide us with information about our environment and evolution. That you wish to believe in a scripture written long ago is your choice. But don't confuse your biblical information with science. It simply does not compute.
0 Replies

fresco

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 02:03 pm
@brianjakub,
Laughing Still at it I see !
Do you realise that the more you play such semantic games, the more it points to your 'faith' looking so shakey that it needs to be continuously patched up by make-do repairs ?
georgeob1

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 03:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
Cicerone provides evidence but never explains how it supports his position. Half the time it does the opposite and I quote it and explain why.
. The evidence explains it all! It's nature and evolution; self-explanatory. Scientists have provided evidence in our life came to be, and how they evolved over time or died out.

You are fundamentally incorrect here, Cicerone. Science can provide us a description of how the universe evolved, and of the underlying laws of physics that govern that evolution. However it cannot provide us of a explanation for the existence of the energy that started it all.

The domain of science is that of repeatable observations and experiments. Questions relating to the origin cannot be answered by science.

The current body of scientific (physics) theory is incomplete in several areas, particularly in terms of what are called dark energy and matter (they are merely arbitrary labels for deviations in observations from current theories). Beyond that the laws of physics are nearly complete and well understood.
cicerone imposter

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 03:37 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
However it cannot provide us of a explanation for the existence of the energy that started it all.
. Scientists talk about the Big Bang theory, but I'm not a supporter of that theory. I do not believe in something appearing from nothing - yet. There has to be something to be the original substance or energy/atoms.
georgeob1

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 03:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree. Science leaves us with either an infinite regression of expansions, contractions and Big bangs, or even the possibility of an infinite manifold of quantum universes. None of these speculations can either be confirmed or denied by science based on repeatable experiment or observation ( we don't get to observe multiple origin of the universe), and none of the current "scientific" explanations is particularly satisfying to me.

In fact the "Big Bang" is merely an arbitrary assumption and not an explanation at all.
0 Replies