Why does the Universe exist?

Glennn

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 07:28 pm
The universe, like everything else, exists to question itself.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 07:39 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
ill look it up in LPSN Journal indices in th AM.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 8 Dec, 2019 04:45 am
"C" as stand in for God. Love it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 8 Dec, 2019 04:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
LPSN journal had only listings for Haloarchea ( I couldnt find nanohaloarchea it listed in the entire encyclopedia of microbiota. I only found minimal enviro data for nano haloarchea as a separate listing but only as a stub. I didn't find any comprehensive listings about its adaptive environment.
Be that as it it is, I did find several other places where no life is known to exist and all those (like the Atacama ) are ALL environments of zero
available water. Can you find the name of that lake?? maybe we can feret out its toxic basis.
The report for the haloarchea says that it is fully adapted to live within Nitrte rich ground waters.
Fil Albuquerque

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:18 pm
@farmerman,
Ethiopia Dalol. It seems the first link I gave you was misdirecting (wrong copy/paste). Again here:

https://i.imgur.com/evJzjQ4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Aa23opM.jpg

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:39 pm
@farmerman,
Corrected the images above to an appropriate size hope that helps Farma tune me back with more information on this topic when you have something! Thank you!
Fil Albuquerque

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:02 pm
@farmerman,
Farma published in October 28 2019...yes there are older conflicting studies on this.

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41559-019-1005-0
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:38 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
was in the afar some years ago Its a true title which is an Afar tribe word maning HELL. We were there on a fully pid wonderful sojourn looking for SULFITIC deposits of certain metals in use for our many gizmos. OK, from what I recall, the pH pf the water in certain fumaroles was about 1.9 (remember that pH is the NEGATIVE log of the hydrogen ion concentration). yes it was a hot acid. when we get beyond the negative 2.2 carbon compounds are shredded . At 1.9 they oxidize and even "coalify".
When we were working there, we wore full chem "bunny suits" with oxygen regulators that read the NOx and SOx of the air.

I can imagine stuff NOT living there. Thats the way that "black smokers" in the ocean would behave were it not for the fact tht the sulfitic fumaroles are quickly oversaturated by seawater which cqn chemically dissociate rapidly and provide enough oxygen availble for animals of rather weird life chemistry. (Sorta lik antarctic stickleback fish tht hve NO haem in their rather clear blood).
The Atacama desert has a nucleus area in which there is NO water , connate or phreatic. No ground water either. Thus, no life (except for overflying migrating birds heading to Tierra el Fuego) That one is much more easily understood bcause the NO LIFE zone is defined by a desert valley big as Colorado. The Afar "no life zones" will only remain so until the horn of Africa splits off the continent and the volcanic rift zone responsible will become just another mid oceanic ridge studded with volcanoes like the Mid Pacific or the Mid Atlantic ridges. Life will return and evolve as a special adaptation as animals teem in from along the edges.
Id like to see the water spout and steam vents when the afar splits enough so the seas rush in (or seep in)
A dynamic planet like ours , fortunately leaves pretty good records of past events in which we can red fairly nicely in the rocks.
1Peter

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 04:10 am
@TuringEquivalent,
The visible universe, of time and space, is a displacement of the invisible universe, aka the true reality.
farmerman

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 06:10 am
@1Peter,
sounds kinda boring. Theres nowhere we can investigate and learn anything. .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 07:31 am
@farmerman,
Thanks, Farma keep me up to date on this topic! Smile
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 07:35 am
@1Peter,
I have a very hard time with this coinage often abused these days "true reality".
What the heck seriously, is not a cyberspace real, are not subjective experiences real as experiences, dreams are real dreams, right? Can't people see that phenomena are no less real than whatever is the ground of all Being???
It doesn't take a huge IQ to get the point.
Real is an absolute term it cannot be abused just like Nothingness is being abused another absolute term. If people just want to say that something X is not, just, what it seems, due to the interaction between 2 systems an experiencer and stimuli, say that!
cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Dec, 2019 11:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I like my reality as I've lived it the past 84 years. My observations, my perceptions, and my reality.
Leadfoot

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 06:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
u must b an imposter.
wasnt the real ci 84 several years ago ?

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 08:59 am
@Leadfoot,
Well, I am glad that he has at least 84 and counting I wish I would get there but it sounds unlikely for me and compared to you guys I am just a 45 kiddo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 09:03 am
I traded a few years with CI. It's how I got to 77.
farmerman

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 09:29 am
@edgarblythe,
I recall cause CI asked me to witness the trade for his atty.
izzythepush

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 09:30 am
@farmerman,
So when are you going to come to Southampton Boat Show, Boaty boy?
farmerman

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
if it aint a wood boat show we dont go. Any chimpanzee can cast fibreglas. ALthough all wooden boats are plated with sheets of the stuff, theyre still all woodies.
izzythepush

Thu 12 Dec, 2019 01:47 pm
@farmerman,
It's pretty big. I don't go, I only went once and that was when I was working for a company that had a stand there, we had a twenty year anniversary party there.

There are plenty of wooden boats there too. It's the largest boat show in Britain.

I can't get the pictures to download but here's a link to the boat show homepage.

https://www.southamptonboatshow.com/<br />

I'm not that bothered either way to be honest, it's just that whenever I've mentioned I'm from Southampton to anyone with a passing interest in boating they start banging on about the boat show.
0 Replies