Ok. I think I've figured out immortality... not sure, though.

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 11:04 am
This started with a conversation with a friend. We were dicussing the theory of the Big Crunch, in which, to my understanding, it is like everything in the universe receeds to a single point in the space-time continuum. Kind of like the big bang in reverse. Now, because all points are the exact same on the inside (outide, whatever), besidesthat they are at different locations, then this point is the exact same as the point from which the big bang sprung from. If the origin is the same, then the result is too. The next universe will occur in the exact same fashion as the last, and all before that. that makes the universe into a close system, with no variances. (until we get time machines) Because I will occur for an infinite amount of times in that system, everything will continuously occur. This is probably unclear, so sorry about that, but it makes sense to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,865 • Replies: 9

DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 11:13 am
@hamilton,
There are several problems with this theory...

Start here: http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/
hamilton

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 11:18 am
@DrewDad,
so where is our universes mass relative to what is necessary for a crunch? And what other problems are there?
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:01 pm
@hamilton,
Bushwah! The secret of immortality is to live your life so miserably that time stands still.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:03 pm
@raprap,
Yeah, either that or just don't die.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:34 pm
@raprap,
<LOL> I've had a few jobs like that!!!
0 Replies

Meaninginthedeep

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 08:21 pm
@raprap,
That's true, actually. Only, there are other miserable people, and this all relates to how Jesus Christ allegedly "saves" people - total, total nonsense, criminal, actually, even as his agents try to consume their way to the top again, who intervene and plague people and everyone around them endlessly until they can take someone, or try to tempt them to beg for relief from the way going after these borderline victims is their secret deal that they blame on their worst off victims, people who know the truth. They wasted this universe on their fudged historically primitive control of knowledge of what torture is as it reaches levels of transcending abuse. They claim hell is justified and wins all cases unless you sign your faith to an oath where you receive a part of a lack of clarity as saved, but in reality it's an out of control, super fast reset button to past events and real changes that need to be understood and fast by intelligent people so that alternatively the earth doesn't "win" all the time either, in not being defeated to the present beyond matter to consciousness ratio.
0 Replies

MoK

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 09:55 am
@DrewDad,
I think that I may have the answer to Immortality If only I can live long enough!
0 Replies

MrKappa

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 01:54 pm
@hamilton,
Impractical approach, although, with merit. The universe before this generation looked closer to Barbarellas Steady State Universe. Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear, and that is apparent in the solar spheres shape and the anistrophic stretched view of the surrounding universe. 600 million light years away could be right next door. Please consider that seriously.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 01:57 pm
@MrKappa,
Ten years old. Hamilton left a long time ago.
0 Replies