Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:59 pm
@farmerman,
😔
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
🤷‍♂️
Again, you are misinterpreting things. Haha.
You look at people and conclude Their worldview is driven out of fear, when in reality people like myself is driven out of a passion for truth. (I see it the other way around, that yourself and others if anyone are the ones driven by fear of The existence of a God)
You have always got it backwards. Hahaha, ironic isn’t it?
cicerone imposter

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:27 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
I have nothing to fear because I know that when I die, my body will be cremated and my ashes spread out into the Pacific Ocean so as to not take up any space. I will be forgotten after another generation. That's okay by me. There's nothing ironic. I can only share the fact that I've lived a pretty privileged life having traveled to some 128 countries, and have made friends in many of them. I have flown to the top of Mt Everest, dipped my feet in the Dead Sea, cruised on most of the major rivers of this world, and now live a comfortable life in Silicon Valley. Our city, Sunnyvale, has been rated one of the safest cities in the country. My needs are few.
farmerman

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:42 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
if you are seeking truth why is your own worldview so dependent on faith, if its not based on fear of the unknown??

Youre not very convincing. Your use of high toned motivation seems disingenuous .
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
To me that constitutes being obtuse. Unable to analyze for oneself and defaulting to some easy to understand BS doesnt require a high IQ
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 04:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Another good point you made is ‘living comfortable’...
It seems ppl create the ‘no God’ worldview because they want to live ‘their way’ not Gods way...(to be their own God)....ppl are usually afraid of change, and embrace atheism/evolutionism as their faith because of this fear quite often.

Myself, I embraced evolutionism years past cause that is what I was told was real and logical as a child ya know? But ditched that interpretation of things cause I believe there is no point in trying to avoid the truth.
cicerone imposter

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 04:56 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
atheism/evolutionism
is not a faith. It's very simple; we don't believe in any god. It's similar to I don't believe in the tooth fairy. I don't believe in Santa Claus. No faith involved.
farmerman

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:01 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:

Myself, I embraced evolutionism years past cause that is what I was told was real and logical as a child ya know?

so you only "believe" you dont experience or investigate??

Its what Id expect of the Creationists mind. Somebody told em there was "truth" in a desert dwellers note books, and that there wre several hundred more "notebooks" that were ignored and not accepted by the church '' braintrust" . So they tell you what to accept and believe and you, like a sheep, do what they say?? at it?
What studies have you even done on your own??
Helloandgoodbye

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You believe there is no God. It is a faith.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:15 pm
@farmerman,
As a child, (like any religion) I was told, and believed the same as my parents.

But yes, when I was challenged as a young adult, i investigated passionately about 7 years before being baptized because there was no way, absolutely no way I was going to get caught in a church if it was not the truth.
farmerman

Tue 24 Jul, 2018 08:20 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
so you bought into a bunch of evidence free pronouncements over some scientific discoveries that you are able to reproduce, visit, or inspect the records of??
ps truth isnt what we seek, you do know that. Truth, as you are continually demonstrating, is quite subjective.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 01:27 am
@farmerman,
Is it evidence free, or are you just stating your opinion? It seems the latter.
I go with the evidence. And it leads to intelligent design and the ‘god of israel’ as that designer. Quite simple.
farmerman

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 05:09 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Then pulling together and sharing some of this evidence shouldnt be too difficult??
Why not present some.

Im a big fan of "testability" of whatever evidence we present.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:16 am
@farmerman,
farmerman

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:42 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Thats the way it always goes. You boys have no evidence, only myth.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 08:29 am
@farmerman,
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Hahaha, u got it all backwards, like CI, the old me, and the majority of the world.
What I love about this subject the most is how intelligent people can be fairly easily deceived
Leadfoot

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 08:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's a belief from a 2000 year old book that has no credibility with all of its errors, omissions and contradictions
In order to rule out the credibility of a book you must first understand the book. You have repeatedly demonstrated that you don’t have the faintest clue about what the Bible says.

In no way does it say the earth is 7000 years old unless you accept some religious dogma.
farmerman

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:17 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
so, rather than playing sillyness, where and what is your evidence?. . Ive been very generaous with some of mine so I feel the paucity of convincing data lies heavily in your camp.
farmerman

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:23 am
@farmerman,
You add more evidence to my belief that you guys are just unable to understand science. Several of your camp make me wanna beleive that their side is based upon good scientific reasoning and then douche bags like you show up to prove me right (that your entire group is pretty much lacking in basic science education-no matter what be your protestations).
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:28 am
@Leadfoot,
actually it does . Since the lives of the patriarchs (Beginning with Adam) constitute a timeline thats under 10000 years.

If thats inconvenient to your beliefs you are free to present your own interpretation but be careful about presenting it as EVIDENCE (since it has no consenus).

You do have a series of problems
1Yq wanna sound scientific but try to use Biblical reference

1Scientific data counters much (if not all) of the "natural history" presented in the Bible