Why does the Universe exist?

Leadfoot

Wed 15 Nov, 2017 06:26 am
@nameless,
Wow, really deep, man
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 15 Nov, 2017 08:59 am
@nameless,
For itself would be a far simpler better answer...oh, and stop about farting in the wind...its common place we all do it as soon as we open our mouth.
nameless

Wed 15 Nov, 2017 08:21 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You win.
Simplistic unto the absurd!
Thank you for your gracious instruction.
Good day.
0 Replies

nameless

Wed 15 Nov, 2017 08:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
"'Tis an ill wind, indeed, that blows no minds!" *__-

(assuming that wasn't sarcasm)
0 Replies

hunterandforager

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 08:34 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
'Why' questions do not seem logical to me, 'What' questions would be more on a Human level. Why does the Universe need a reason to exist? Why, do we Humans, need a reason for the Universe to exist? Or a reason for existence? To give us purpose? A sense of belonging? If we Humans can ever truly understand scale, distance and time, and our place in it, the grandeur of what we know of the (observable) cosmos, to me, seems too fantastic to comprehend, with our without us in it.
cicerone imposter

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 08:25 pm
@hunterandforager,
So that I can be on a river boat on the Mississippi River for seven days.
0 Replies

jerlands

Mon 11 Dec, 2017 04:57 pm
What is apparent to me is that existence affords life the ability to interact, to sense, perceive, to see and interplay in the environment in effort to survive. Sight.. one of the primary and last of the 5 senses to develop in man may hold some clues. Creation is always tied to "the creator" because, and I believe it true, science suggests events just don't occur without cause and this I think also an intuitive determination. All things seek equilibrium (rest) unless something prevents this. So.. what do we know of the "creator" (assuming there is one?) This could go on and on but as far as I know the "creator" may be something evolutionary as well and the lights were simply turned on to see what the disturbance was. This line of thinking seems to parallel Christian teaching of the final days and the war between "God" and Satan (otherwise known as error incarnate.) Maybe man has a role to play in all this or maybe all this isn't what really is... who knows. The other senses, such as perception, may or not develop over time.
fresco

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 12:22 am
@jerlands,
Welcome to A2K.
However, I would advise you that personal musings such as the 'word salad' above are likely to pulled to pieces on this forum.
jerlands

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 02:25 am
@fresco,
Ok.. I'm confused... where the hell am I??? Oh.. I forgot.. I'm in a world where 50% of the population has one form or another of a chronic degenerative disease, where the topsoils are being lost at astonishing rates and where we pollute our waters (not to ramble on...) I honestly don't think anyone on this forum can pull **** apart let alone recognize it from what they eat.. or is it because it's approved by the FDA?
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 05:43 am
@jerlands,
sounds like you dont need someone to debate with, your doing yourself quite well.
jerlands

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 10:04 am
@farmerman,
how's that? I've stated why I think the universe exists and I'm greeted by some nanny reprimanding me. The Bible I think is evidence of "error incarnate" simply because of it's existence. It's either a good thing for human kind or a bad thing, there isn't any middle ground because of the effect it has on the mind.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 03:19 pm
I'm thinking so the universe can sing praises to itself through music. That's one definition anyway.

Friedrich Nietzsche — 'Without music, life would be a mistake.'
Krumple

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 03:24 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

I'm thinking so the universe can sing praises to itself through music. That's one definition anyway.

Friedrich Nietzsche — 'Without music, life would be a mistake.'

I think that needs to be slightly edited.

Krumple - 'Allowing Justin Bieber to make music, life would be a mistake.'
coluber2001

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 03:40 pm
@Krumple,
Alright. With Justin Bieber singing life would be a mistake. I've never heard him sing but I'll take your word for it. Can I add rap?
Krumple

Tue 12 Dec, 2017 03:53 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Alright. With Justin Bieber singing life would be a mistake. I've never heard him sing but I'll take your word for it. Can I add rap?

I wouldn't be upset if you added it..
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 08:14 am
@TuringEquivalent,
One thing I have learned in life is that unless God reveals the answer to questions like these, we would never know.
Just as humanity could never know why there is pain, suffering and death. Or why human nature seems twisted(sinful). Or what is the ‘cure’ to humanities problems.
The how it was created, or the when it was created. We wouldn’t know right from wrong...who is a ‘good’ person or ‘bad’(how to live). We would never know the creators character. We would not know ‘where to’ afterlife.

We. Would. Be. Eternally. Lost.

Has God revealed such answers to such questions?🤔
Krumple

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 01:33 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:
Has God revealed such answers to such questions?🤔

No.

But the believers all claim that it has. Each of them have a different answer and often times those answers contradict each other.

What I notice from most believers is they impose their own idealistic expectation of what they want "god" to be without any real supporting foundation to suggest that it is that way. They just WANT it to be that way.

It is clear to me that most of the believers explanations are purely to address insecurities. The fear of ceasing to exist after death scares the **** out of people or their minds simply can't comprehend what it means to not exist after death. They don't like it, so rather than face that fact they bury their heads in ideas that there is some kind of after life. An after life where the "good" people go and another place separate where the "bad" people go.

Here is the funny thing. You will NEVER go to a church funeral service and hear the preacher say the deceased person is now in hell. EVER you will NEVER hear that statement. No mater how wicked the person was in life. So is he lying to make the family feel better? Who would want to hear a preacher say such a thing about their family member? So is it purely lip service? Or does everyone go to heaven no matter how evil they are in life?

It is clear that this whole concept is made up to make people feel better about their fears related to death.

It gets even worse when they use their beliefs in their god to justify their hatred for another group of people. Then going further they justify murdering other people based on their god's "wishes".

If a god rewards one person for murdering another person. Then that god is not worthy of the title, let alone worship.

If a god really behaves this way and rewards murderers then I have more compassion and empathy than that god. But lets not get too bogged down in such things right? Let's go over the excuses instead. No god actually thinks that right? It's religion that has been corrupted by "sinful" humans who have bent and twisted the faith to exercise their brutality right?

coluber2001

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 02:21 pm
Why does the universe exist?

Obviously there will never be a prosaic answer to this question. It's like a dog chasing its tail.

The only answers are, if you consider them answers, are through the Arts. Even if you get down to the bare bones religion of mysticism, the closest you can get to expressing the experience of the mystics is through poetry and music.

Of course that doesn't satisfy the person on the religious Quest, and it shouldn't. The only thing that can satisfy the person on the religious Quest is the religious experience, and once he integrates that religious experience into his personal being and Credo he tries to express his experience prosaically to others, and he miserably fails. And he should. But, if he's an artist or composer or poet he can get close.
cicerone imposter

Wed 13 Dec, 2017 03:11 pm
@coluber2001,
It exists because it does.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Thu 14 Dec, 2017 06:24 pm
@Krumple,
I used to say the exact same things as yourself.
From my experience there are many ppl who Create an imaginary world of no God or creator because they are afraid of Judgement, or are to prideful, or want to live life ‘lawlessly’(as if no absolute truth exist) satisfying their desires. To elevate themselves to ‘king’ dictating right from wrong.

Personally, I now know I wasn’t so much one of those ppl, just a person who was being fed misinformation, deceived.
Once I sought, and discovered the truth, I decided if you can’t beat them, join them haha.
I desire nothing more than truth, whether I like it or not....we will all have to submit to it right?

I accept that my father may very well not be ‘in heaven’(a peaceful eternal society of law and order)... that he chose to reject truth/god, choosing isolation/jail/hell. It is what it is.

An important point is ‘who is good?’
Has God not revealed ALL have sinned?! That no one can enter Gods ‘hockey league’ because of any level or degree of goodness? That no one is pure/holy...,
That if anyone ‘dirty’ who tries to approach the Sun(would be burnt up)

What if this is the truth? What if? Submit your will and way of life?
I did. No brainer.